Any good power metal releases for 2009 I should look into?

I highly recommend Seven Kingdoms - available through the band (click on "Fans" to order them), through iTunes, CDBaby and several other sources.

Combining high octane Iced Earth style riffing with flowing Nightwish-style melodies and soaring choruses (with a touch of beauty & the beast vocals), Seven Kingdoms is sure to please many true metal fans.

+1

I highly recommend Seven Kingdoms - available through the band (click on "Fans" to order them), through iTunes, CDBaby and several other sources.

Combining high octane Iced Earth style riffing with flowing Nightwish-style melodies and soaring choruses (with a touch of beauty & the beast vocals), Seven Kingdoms is sure to please many true metal fans.

Totally agree. I've been spinning the disc for a couple of weeks now and it keeps getting better.
I agree with the description above but would like to throw in some Warlock in that as well. A more modern sounding Warlock that is.
A quality album indeed. Highly Recommended.

Eh, maybe he doesn't have the best growl, but the band's lyrics are fucking awesome. Case in point, the lyrical concept behind the Leading Vision album. "Out there" is an understatement.
I'll queue up the disc again, with the lyrics up. But you have to wonder, when the vocalist's delivery renders the lyrics incomprehensible, how important is their quality?

Zod

As for the OP's question... this has been a decidedly weak year for Power Metal. I believe the only two Power Metal discs I found worthy of purchase were Fairyland and Manimal.

Zod

Totally agree. I've been spinning the disc for a couple of weeks now and it keeps getting better.
I agree with the description above but would like to throw in some Warlock in that as well. A more modern sounding Warlock that is.
A quality album indeed. Highly Recommended.

exp +1!

thanks all!

Oh and I forgot from my previous post on the folk/power area (again depending on your view of what's power metal):

Tyr - "By The Light Of The Northern Star"
Skyclad - "In The...All Together"
Alestorm - "Black Sails At Midnight"

Also:

Crystal Viper - "Metal Nation"
Metalucifer - "Heavy Metal Bulldozer"