Need new power metal band for listening purposes.

Jordan94k

Aug 24, 2006
I didn't know where else to post this...so here it is...I was wondering if any one would be kind enough to give me suggestions for a new band to listen to. There are tons of power metal bands out there so I was hoping someone could narrow it down.

I'm really looking for bands in the vein of Falconer, Wuthering Heights, Elvenking (to some extent), Running Wild...and less of the Edguy/Dragonforce/Angra/etc...if that actually makes sense to anyone...

Pyramaze51 said:
I second that reccomendation, Also Mark it was a pleasure meeting you and your girlfriend this past weekend. Dude you rule.:worship:
Also check out Machine Men, Twilightning, Dark Moor, Iron Saviour.

Thanks John!

Same here on meeting you.

Its been a rough week back for me, havent been able to post as much to the forum here or to everyone's MySpaces yet. But I'll be getting to yours for sure!

Yeah it was cool the the Overlorde CDs sold out at the Nightmare table. Thanks for helping to point them out to people. YOU RULE!

Jordan94k said:
I'm really looking for bands in the vein of Falconer, Wuthering Heights, Elvenking (to some extent), Running Wild...and less of the Edguy/Dragonforce/Angra/etc...if that actually makes sense to anyone...

In the vein of Falconer/Wuthering Heights go undoubtedly for Skcylad and Tyr and Tuatha de Dannan (even some of the last Mesmerize album "Stainless")

For not your average power band go for: Sabaton, Wolf, Mesmerize, Pharaoh, Malediction, Adramelch, Riot, Angel Dust, Anubis Gate, Benedictum, Steel Prophet, Black Steel, Seventh One, Slavon, Warning S.F., Rival, Savage Circus and (the guys who blew me off) at PPVII Leatherwolf!

Also check stuff like: Cryonic Temple, Dream Evil, Highland Glory, Imperio, Majesty, Pegazus, Stormhammer, Sinergy, Overlorde, Metalucifer, Tarot, Warlord.

GALLOGLASS !!!!!!
Their newest album, Heavenseeker, sits somewhere in my top 5 favorite albums. If you love power metal, then I seriously think you need to check them out.
Galloglass @ Metal Archives

It's a lot like early Falconer (w/ Mathias on vocals) mixed with some of the musical eccentricity of Sonata Arctica.

...And as a side note, Falconer's new album (just came out) has Mathias back! I'm waiting for mine, I'm fricken pumped for that!

Jordan94k said:
...and less of the Edguy/Dragonforce/Angra/etc...if that actually makes sense to anyone...

I wonder why you throw Angra mixed with Dragonforce and Edguy. You seem to not have heard the last three albums by the band...

Jordan94k said:
I was wondering if any one would be kind enough to give me suggestions for a new band to listen to. There are tons of power metal bands out there so I was hoping someone could narrow it down.
Warrior - Fighting for the Earth. If you're gonna listen to power metal, you should start with the classix! :headbang:

AngraRULES said:
I wonder why you throw Angra mixed with Dragonforce and Edguy. You seem to not have heard the last three albums by the band...

Maybe he doesn't like power metal that some refer to as being too flowery?
I dunno.
I guess I can see what he means though.
(IE - He probably isn't looking for Power Quest).

Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Tad Morose, Stratovarius, Freedom Call, Hammerfall, Helloween, Edguy, Luca Turilli, Kamelot, Finntroll, Gamma Ray, Nocturnal Rites, Firewind, Bloodbound, Savage Circus, Ensiferum, Nightwish, Angra, Demons And Wizards, Highlord, Shaman, Rhapsody, Saxon, Riot, Sonata Arctica, Human Fortress, Magistral, Elvenking, Lost Horizen, Aquaria, Pyramaze.

a quick PowerMetal list i jotted up for you. styles vary, i would narrow it down to your description but ive gotta eat dinner.