any ideas on Anaal Nathrakh's drums?

gybberisque

Communication Node
Jul 21, 2003
IN, USA
Visit site
I'm basically doing a one person music project, and I can't play drums - so I'll have to go the programming route. I've been reading randomly, and I discovered that Anaal Nathrakh programmed their drums. They sound great for what I am doing - does anyone have ideas on how to get a similar set up?

I've no idea of the band, but I'm going to download some of their mp3s. As for drum programming, I'm used to do it all the time, for the same reasons. You shouldn't attempt at trying to get a similar sound, as that will be difficult. There're a lot of bands that use programmed drums I wish I could get their sound of my setups (Necrophagist, Meshuggah -- their recently released album) for example...also my fave drum sound has been Opeth's Deliverance since it's release and it's mostly triggered, because of the mic fuckups in the studio they started recording, but those samples are "especially crafted" by the genius behind the producing board..you'll hardly have access to them, like most bands who resort to programming for several reasons use crafted samples. If you've the money, check Drumkit From Hell Superior, it's 4 dvds of close miced and room miced samples. These were used on Meshuggah's catch 33 (their recent album). The best is, you can adapt much of the sounds and make a good sounding kit with some eq, none of them is ready to use for metal purposes (some are more or less ready-to-use, but most aren't as well). If you don't have the money...look them up on DC++ or Emule.

Good luck!