Any love for KROKUS?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, so this is a band I haven't probably thought of in seriously 20 + years, and I am not even close to joking...........

I was listening to SLACKER RADIO online, and their song "Screaming In The Night" came on.

At first, I was like, "Man, what is this? I haven't heard this in years"

I had the Internet Explorer minimized, so I opened it back up to find out it was KROKUS.

This was a great hard rock / metal band, in my opinion.

Any fans? I went to Metal Archives to find that the classic lineup of the Von Arb brothers and Marc Storace are back.

I also discovered that Helloween's current drummer was in the band for a while as well....

Ok, so this is a band I haven't probably thought of in seriously 20 + years, and I am not even close to joking...........

I was listening to SLACKER RADIO online, and their song "Screaming In The Night" came on.

I had the Internet Explorer minimized, so I opened it back up to find out it was KROKUS.

Any fans? I went to Metal Archives to find that the classic lineup of the Von Arb brothers and Marc Storace are back.

I also discovered that Helloween's current drummer was in the band for a while as well....

Always have loved this band!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I really dig this band a lot....their last cd "Hellraiser", was excellent. I'm looking forward to their reunion cd next year. I know a lot of people made fun of Krokus in the day (Beavis and Butthead), but I've always thought that they were an extremely under-rated hard rock/metal band. Cool stuff!

Correction - This is a great hard rock / metal band.... As they have been continuing to release quality material through the years. Their latest release "Hellraiser" (2006 I think) was stellar. They should have a new album out this year titled Hoodo I think.

61kEeAPajrL_SL160_AA115_.jpg

Yep, new album this year with Marc Storace on vocals.
How about a tour with ACCEPT?

Then maybe they can tour the states and play to clubs of about 20 people.

Hell, maybe someone can do a documentary on them!

Took me some time. They were one of the bands in the 80s that I skipped over somply because I could not take them all in. But I can really dig them now.
I remember reading a Metal Maniacs articial that was saying their ealiest material sounded like ELP. I can't image that.

I really dig this band a lot....their last cd "Hellraiser", was excellent. I'm looking forward to their reunion cd next year. I know a lot of people made fun of Krokus in the day (Beavis and Butthead), but I've always thought that they were an extremely under-rated hard rock/metal band. Cool stuff!

+1

Hellraiser is still a most listened to CD from the day it came out for me. Spirit of the Night will give most power-metallers something to enjoy. I'd like to hear more songs like that without them forsaking the rock.

Been a fan of them since the beginning, got a chance to hang out with them at, of all places, an IHOP here in El Paso in 1983. Their drummer back then was a guy named Steve Pace, Steve was the drummer for the Atlanta band HYDRA in the late 60's until they broke up. He is now back with the reunited HYDRA and still kicks major ass.

Been a fan of them since the beginning, got a chance to hang out with them at, of all places, an IHOP here in El Paso in 1983. Their drummer back then was a guy named Steve Pace, Steve was the drummer for the Atlanta band HYDRA in the late 60's until they broke up. He is now back with the reunited HYDRA and still kicks major ass.
Steve Pace was in the WHITFORD/ST. HOLMES lineup, too in 1981.

I always thought of this band as a poor man's, Bon Scott era AC/DC.

~Brian~

so many people say that and i can definitely hear it in the music and voice at times. but they are a SOLID band with so many great songs.

and i too am +1 on the HELLRAISER album. that was amazing and solid record thanks to Denis Ward production.

but all the way back the Metal Rendevous and albums then they were catchy as hell!