Any Mercenary fans here?

Empty Vision

The Accolade
Feb 15, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Is anyone here into the band Mercenary? I read a LOT of good reviews for this bands material and I had heard the song '11 Dreams' which I love, so I went out and bought The Hours That Remain (it was the only album available).

At first I wasn't really a fan of the new album because I felt that the music tread a little too close to A Predators Portrait/Natural Born Chaos/F#5 era Soilwork and that it was a bit too unoriginal. After a while of listening I really like the album, I think it still sounds similar to Soilwork but it stands on its own as a good original release. I love Mikkels vocals on this album and the keys and drumming aint half bad either. I have heard 11 Dreams and Firesoul from the previous album and I enjoy those songs more than most of the material on THTR so I have 11 Dreams on order.

I have heard two songs from Everblack and another song from the first album which I got from the bands website and it seems like pretty decent melo-death.

What are your thoughts on this band if you have heard them? Any recomendations for material I should check out?

THTR was terrible the first few times i spun it, but it grew on me like a motherfucker. I love that album now and think it's definitely comparable to 11 Dreams (which is also golden)

Though honestly, i have to say i hear almost no soilwork in this band personally. But whuddevah, it's cool.

One of my fave bands. They are to play in my home town Odense in March--Going to be awesome. 11 Dreams was really an awesome album in many ways. They have tacking another direction with THTR, but I think that THTR is just as good as 11 Dreams. I will recomend Everblack, 11 Dreams and THTR, but especially 11 Dreams! I saw them a while ago in Odense. They are some really cool guys. Had a chat with most of them and in particular Martin Buus--just a 7-string guitar chat hehe.

To all who are unfamiliar with this awesome band--CHECK THEM OUT!!