Any new, cool amp simulation?

burn4ever

May 24, 2009
Hey fellas,
normally I´m fine with the Peavy Revalver Plug and the Hack-Impulses.

But maybe there is something (new) you guys will recommend to check out!?

There's a mesa comparison thread somewhere around here. Several amp sims. I really didn't have the time to judge the credibility of the comparison but they've got some nice tones there.

Kalthallan Cabs as impulses and it's free. The very first sm57 impulse in the folder is something you should check out. All the impulses are great but that very first sm57 is so thick and tight on the low end and smoother in the mids. I can't remember all the different impulse packs that I have tried but nothing beats Kalthallan cabs. Also I'm finding I love Amplitube as long as I bypass the amplitube speaker sim and use kalthallen cabs impulses.

The new amplitube sims are pretty good, the Jet city, Soldano and some of the Orange models at least. If you have the time you can get the free amplitube version and test the amps before you buy them, they give you 4 "gear cred" packs for the price of 1 (15$ iirc for the cheapest one which is enough to buy 3 or 4 amp sims) now so it's pretty cheap.

Can anyone please pm me an alternate download link for Kalthallan Cabs IR files? I couldnt download from minus.com. Tried every possible way. Not working for me.

Never equalled, but it does add efficiency and speed to your workflow to throw and amp sim on if you are looking to work quickly