Any Obituary fans? I recreate the exact amp/pedal and the secret of the sound.

Tockusa

New Metal Member
Mar 11, 2017
It took me ages to suss out. But I think I got close in the end. Needs tape and the compression of EMG's IMO. After a short intro and the music, I go into the gear, but forgot to mention tone knob must be at 20%. I mention at the end but the vid is long.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Great video man , i watched a couple other videos in your channel , interesting stuff. Thanks !

Thanks. I do the same for Exodus, Metallica, Alice In Chains, INXS, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Beatles etc but this was the hardest to put together. Not so much dial once I had the ingredients, but finding the ingredients in the first place.

This is the article whee they said it's just a Strat, RAT and a Marshall. If only it were that simple. Haha. I've actually spent many an hour in the club this video was shot at. The brass mug kicked my ass when I lived in Tampa.

That Rat pedal was on many rigs back then , Napalm Death, Trey from Morbid Angel still use one , maybe the rack one. Not sure if Cannibal Corpse used one before moving to triple rec and metalzones but im mostly sure they did. Makes me want a Rat just for that oldschool metal tone.

Reactions: Tockusa
That Rat pedal was on many rigs back then , Napalm Death, Trey from Morbid Angel still use one , maybe the rack one. Not sure if Cannibal Corpse used one before moving to triple rec and metalzones but im mostly sure they did. Makes me want a Rat just for that oldschool metal tone.

Yep the rack was used by Morbid Angel.

They are great for rounded boosting. Mine is modded and gets even bloomie sludgyr. But I used it stock.

If you have a ts9, RAT, MZ and Hm2 you pretty much have most DM/Thrash covered.