Any of you guys have a Tremel-No?

ruckus328

Nov 2, 2009
Philly USA
I just got one. Curious what you guys are doing though. I just installed it, had no problems but have one small concern.

I'm in Drop C. Before installing it, I adjusted my springs so the bridge was floating parallel with the body like it should be.

Installed the tremelo-no. Now, my worry is this - if my string tension is just a hair higher when I restring it, or if I do string bends, won't I be trying to rip the tremel-no slider out and lift the bridge? Wouldn't it be safer to have a little bit more tension on the springs than I do the strings? Especially if I'm in dive-bomb mode. Otherwise even just doing a bend is going to lift the bridge up.

What I was thinking of doing is tuning a hair sharp and adjusting the springs so that my bridge is level. Lock everything on the tremel-no down, then tune it correctly. This way the spring tension will be just a hair higher than the string tension. Thoughts?

One thing I'm curious though (hoping some techs could chime in) - when you have it set up to not be floating, how do you make sure the tension between the upper and lower halves of the bridge (adjusted by the two screws on the claw) is balanced? Right now I have the screws about even in terms of how much of each is sticking out of the body, but since I set my strings up with ascending tension from low to high, I fear it might not be balanced (don't wanna put too much strain on one of the studs)

I have one, it worked OK but there was always one moment when it would create me a problem. I prefered to disengage it and use only 1 tuning by guitar, since I have 2.

^^
I hate the Floyd. I know some people love it but for me it's a royal pain in the ass. The only reason I got it was because the guitar it came on was exactly what I was looking for and I got it at a steal. The only downside was that it had a floyd, which wasn't that big of a deal because I knew I could block it. Up until now I just had a chunk of oak blocking it but it can still lift (especially on bends) which is why I gave the tremel-no a shot.