Any one check out the Prog Power CD sampler?

Thanks to everyone that has written to us commenting on our track "Rapture's Descent" we really appreciate all the positive feedback. And thanks so much to Deron and Progpower for allowing us the honor to be on the sampler once again and to be apart of this awesome festival.

We hope everyone will be on the lookout for our 4th release coming in early 2007 which will be produced and mixed by Chaz Najjar, formerly of Morrisound Studio (Iced Earth, Demons & Wizards, Circle II Circle, etc.), at D.O.I. Digital Audio, and mastered by James Murphy at Safehouse Recordings.

http://www.alowerdeep.com

MetalAges said:
Crap you are indeed correct, I just checked my last email from you on that. Sorry about that dude. I'm usually very good about triple/quadruple checking that stuff so I guess it fell through the cracks at the last minute. My apologies.

Don't worry about it, shit happens. Now where is my partial refund?:lol:
No actually I have to say, as everyone has said, You were most accomodating, above and beyond the call. And I for one really appreciated it. If we had gotten it together earlier, it wouldn't have even happened. So no worries.

SeanMShields said:
Don't worry about it, shit happens. Now where is my partial refund?:lol:
No actually I have to say, as everyone has said, You were most accomodating, above and beyond the call. And I for one really appreciated it. If we had gotten it together earlier, it wouldn't have even happened. So no worries.

All it takes is one time and you yourself will be spell checking, and checking the checker numerous times before you release anything. Trust me... I know. lol. Either way that track made it on my "best of the samplers" disc. Well done! Looking forward to hearing the finished product w/ Mr Murphy's touch.

Say.. It's been a couple years, I think you all are due for a repeat performance :kickass:

Tarathur said:
Yeah, I was really impressed with this year's sampler as well. Lots of good stuff on there and very diverse – a nice cross-section of styles. My partner and I were really pleased to be included this year, especially given that the track is only a demo. Would love to hear people's feedback.

Thanks again, Deron!

-j

I had no idea what to expect from your song. Just got done listening to it. Its hard to be on the third disc I must say... because it has some killer songs. I liked your tune though. You are one of the few female vocalists in metal that has that range. And thus, one of the few that can wail without it piercing my eardrums. You sound a bit like Heather Alexander, though of couirse a completely different style. Anyhow, cool song, look forward to hearing more from you.

On the third disc comment....

It's always tough when you get more discs involved in a set. What I try to do is create a good flow, start to finish, one disc to the other. I try to make every disc strong on purpose vs. stuffing what I think is all the good stuff up front and going down from there. I highly recommend every disc gets listened to or you may just miss out on a killer new group!

Hey y'all
My Band,Halcyon F5 has a song,track 12 on CD 3,called Energy
Warning
Its very different than what most of you are hearing in th metal scene these days

I will second that Riffkin. As a first post to this board,Your music is way out there brother.BTW it was good hanging with you again. We had a great time and met some cool people at the fest.

MetalAges said:
On the third disc comment....

It's always tough when you get more discs involved in a set. What I try to do is create a good flow, start to finish, one disc to the other. I try to make every disc strong on purpose vs. stuffing what I think is all the good stuff up front and going down from there. I highly recommend every disc gets listened to or you may just miss out on a killer new group!

Oh I agree. All the discs have solid material on them.

icariz said:
I will second that Riffkin. As a first post to this board,Your music is way out there brother.BTW it was good hanging with you again. We had a great time and met some cool people at the fest.

Thanx duud
I expect to see you at least 2 times a year(Powerfest and Progpower) in addition to dates with the Maiden tribute band down here(little hint,the weather is much nicer here than n Long Island in Feb)

Not yet although some of the songs are in albums I already own. Still with my haul so the sampler will be the tail of the snake ;)

Cheiron said:
I had no idea what to expect from your song. Just got done listening to it. Its hard to be on the third disc I must say... because it has some killer songs. I liked your tune though. You are one of the few female vocalists in metal that has that range. And thus, one of the few that can wail without it piercing my eardrums. You sound a bit like Heather Alexander, though of couirse a completely different style. Anyhow, cool song, look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks! It means a lot to get that kind of feedback. :) I grew up on Tate, Halford, Dio, etc., so their voices had a huge influence on my style. In fact, Queensryche's early works are really what got me started on this path. Krone has, by far, been the most innovative and challenging project I've worked on to date. I think people will really be excited about the opera that Chris and I are working on. It's in production now and we hope to have it ready for release in time for PP next year.

Creeps said:
All it takes is one time and you yourself will be spell checking, and checking the checker numerous times before you release anything. Trust me... I know. lol. Either way that track made it on my "best of the samplers" disc. Well done! Looking forward to hearing the finished product w/ Mr Murphy's touch.

Say.. It's been a couple years, I think you all are due for a repeat performance :kickass:

God Bless You! Ha! I have been on the phone with James this morning about the mix. He is going to have the first song "Blind Eyes to the Sky" done today. So I will hopefully have it up on our myspace so that everyone can hear it.
As for us playing the PreParty again, it would be a dream come true.....again! But unfortunately that is out of my hands, and it will take you guys demanding our return, to make it worth Shane's while to do so. That being said it would be perfect timing for us, since we will actually have an album to push. Thank you so much, for your support. It is greatly appreciated by the myself and the band.

www.myspace.com/halcyonway

I haven't really listened to it much, I think I got about half way through the 2nd disk. Section 16's tune was one o the killer tracks I remember. I know your stuff Mosh! And it's very kuul dadio.
But really I've been so enthralled with Zero Hour's Specs of Pictures Burn't Beyond, that I haven't been listening to much else. What a monster!

the only song ive listened to is the new Dream Evil. and while the drummer and vocalist are very unique and talented, the guitarist Gus G made that band. without his killer guitar riffs, solos, and melodies, its not the same. i think thats clearly evident on this new track.

icariz said:
And that, folks, is Mr. Scott Oliva, the vocalist extraordinaire on Deep Horizon and countless - COUNTLESS!! - other projects, including, currently Wind Wraith and the NY Iron Maiden tribute band Live After Death. You may also remember him from Last Vision Black and of course, Inner Strength. He's indeed, singing on "The Breaking Point from disc 2 of the PP sampler.

I would highly recommend checking out his material wherever you may find it, as his voice just crushes. And Rifkin's new stuff is something to definitely bookmark for future reference. That should be out in 2007 sometime...

No-Mercy said:
the only song ive listened to is the new Dream Evil. and while the drummer and vocalist are very unique and talented, the guitarist Gus G made that band. without his killer guitar riffs, solos, and melodies, its not the same. i think thats clearly evident on this new track.

Im a HUGE Gus G fan, but I disagree with you.

The new Dream Evil CD IMO is great with the exception of the opening track. The self titled song UNITED simply is a great Metal Anthem track. Wait until you hear the whole CD.

Same goes with the new Mystic Prophecy, I think its there best one yet!

And as with Firewind Gus focuses strictly on that band, and it clearly shows. "Allegiance" is an incredible CD.

SharkBlack said:
Section 16's tune was one o the killer tracks I remember.

Thank you for the kind words about our tune on the sampler. This is one of my favorite songs that Corey has recorded with us. I was hoping to have another Section 16 CD finished by ProgPower, but no such luck.

Speaking of Corey Brown, if anyone gets a chance check out Corey singing on my buddy Chris Mangold's project Metro Society on the 3rd disc of the Sampler. Any comments or critiques are welcome.

I am still digesting the music on the sampler. Lots of killer songs on it this year. So far I'm liking the new Dreamscape tune, Scott Mosher's tune, and the China Blue tune for starters.

Ian Ringler

DrumRman said:
Im a HUGE Gus G fan, but I disagree with you.

The new Dream Evil CD IMO is great with the exception of the opening track. The self titled song UNITED simply is a great Metal Anthem track. Wait until you hear the whole CD.

Same goes with the new Mystic Prophecy, I think its there best one yet!

And as with Firewind Gus focuses strictly on that band, and it clearly shows. "Allegiance" is an incredible CD.

indeed, gus G is a fuckin god. i was dissapointed he left cos i think DE was my favorite of his bands that im away of, (DE, firewind, MP, nightrage) is that correct?

anyway, it was just my fear that they would take a bad turn after losing him. perhaps, is the song on the sampler the opening track you speak of? that could explain alot, hah.