Any opinions on Mesa C90 speakers?

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I've heard a lot of good stuff about Mesas own C90 speakers but what do you guys think? Anyone with a roadking 4x12 out there?

I just ordered a Lonestar 1x12 cabinet with one mounted for home. It's gonna look sweet with my rectifier :D

1x12-LS27new06-fnt.jpg

Nah I think they have all been EQ'd. Just some tones I got with my old Mesa 4x12....but it was much smaller than a regular 4x12. IIRC its got very little fizz, but the mids are the point that might need tailoring to ones needs :)

Good speakers, not for that scooped/hyped high end/modern Sneap tones but good for cleans/solo's and something a bit different!

Nah I think they have all been EQ'd. Just some tones I got with my old Mesa 4x12....but it was much smaller than a regular 4x12. IIRC its got very little fizz, but the mids are the point that might need tailoring to ones needs :)

Good speakers, not for that scooped/hyped high end/modern Sneap tones but good for cleans/solo's and something a bit different!

Sounds really good!
Looking forward getting the cab! Gonna blow my neighbours out of town...

I have a C90 in my RectoVerb combo. I think it sounds tits. I've heard other folks changing these out for V30's and the like and I thought I was going to do the same. After getting it/living with it for a while though I think the C90 is perfect for the amp.

I've compared it to an Avatar cab with a V30 and G12H30 in it and found very little difference between the C90 and V30. The C90 seemed to boom a little more and was a tad less harsh BUT the Avatar cab isn't all the way broken in so that could have been a pretty big factor.

I think you'll dig it. Seems to go real well with the Mesa Recto sounds. Really captures the "purr"(can't think of another word to describe it) that the Recto does.

Enjoy it. :kickass: