Any Other Musicians Out There?

I am very sorry if this has already been posted. But I was wondering, are there any other Musicians out there? As for me, I Have A Squier Stratocaster (Black, Affinity Series), A Behringer 110 Vintager 30WT amp, a Akai Shred-O-Matic Pedal, and I use .73 Dunlop Tortex Pics.

Also I have a band going. We're debating either Burnt Cookie, Pheonix Ashes Or Midsummers Nightmare. Look for us in about 7 years when we're old enough to be in 21 age limit bars.

Keyser Soze said:
not me... I have the musical talent of a tone deaf chipmunk on speed :)

That's never stopped anyone before. Look at Slipknot! :D

I play in 2 bands now. One is a classic rock cover band - LUDMER, a 3 piece where I play bass. Lot's of Rush, STP and Zeppelin. The other is an original metal band that we are trying to get off the ground - HUMONGOUS, guitar in this one.
The other thing that I am working on is a solo project. I use looping devices for bass and guitar to a drum machine - SKELETON CREW. I have been working on songs that I create “Live” on the spot, nothing is pre recorded. I did an open mic night on a bet. Played some Scorpions and Judas Priest. It's very funny when it comes togther.
I’m also thinking of starting a Mariachi Led Zeppelin Tribute Band in my spare time.

ESP KH602 said:
drummers are musicians just as well as guitar players.

Yeah, but this portion of the thread does bring to mind an old joke I've heard.

What do you call a girl who hangs out with a band?
A groupie

What do you call a guy that hangs out with a band?
A drummer

smylex said:
Yeah, but this portion of the thread does bring to mind an old joke I've heard.

What do you call a girl who hangs out with a band?
A groupie

What do you call a guy that hangs out with a band?
A drummer

HA HA!

Hey, Ludmer has an interesting point. I predict the next phase of "tribute" bands will be tributes of songs played in a different genre, i.e., Pantera songs played like the Beach Boys and vice versa, or even perhaps all-male tributes to all-female bands. They're out there, I am sure. We'll see what sticks. . .perhaps an all male tribute to the Iron Maidens . . .

drumslut said:
HA HA!

Hey, Ludmer has an interesting point. I predict the next phase of "tribute" bands will be tributes of songs played in a different genre, i.e., Pantera songs played like the Beach Boys and vice versa, or even perhaps all-male tributes to all-female bands. They're out there, I am sure. We'll see what sticks. . .perhaps an all male tribute to the Iron Maidens . . .

theres a band called hayseed dixie that does AC/DC covers bluegrass style. funny stuff

And, let us not forget Dread Zeppelin, the pioneers of the genre-crossing tribute bands. They once joked that they were going to start a band called Black Mathis...Black Sabbath to a Polka beat with a Johnny Mathis impersonator.

I'd pay to see that! :D

drumslut said:
...even perhaps all-male tributes to all-female bands. They're out there, I am sure. We'll see what sticks. . .perhaps an all male tribute to the Iron Maidens . . .
That's funny you should mention that. Like 9 or 10 years ago a group of my friends did and all Male tribute to the Go-Go's. I think they called themselves "the Sallys". Played some parties and a few local gigs in OC. A reunion would be classic. :headbang:

smylex said:
And, let us not forget Dread Zeppelin, the pioneers of the genre-crossing tribute bands. They once joked that they were going to start a band called Black Mathis...Black Sabbath to a Polka beat with a Johnny Mathis impersonator.

I'd pay to see that! :D

I forgot about Black Mathis.
That is so funny.