Any PPUSA folks gonna be at Dragon*Con?

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
Hell, actually I know some of you'll be at Dragon*Con in Atlanta next weekend, 'cause we were talking about it in the PPUSA Chat. Been meaning to start this thread for over a week! :heh:

I'll be there, since I'm one of the directors. I like to think of D*C as a little party we throw for about 30,000 of our closest friends. Hell, we even have a parade and take over downtown! It's like nothing else on Earth. :kickass:

It'd be cool to get together there with some other PP folks. I'm easy to find, of course; I'm in charge of the band-tables and the acoustic stage. :)

Although there aren't any seriously crunchy bands playing this year except for Godhead, we've got some good bands performing. We've had some pretty amazingly talented/proggy bands perform in the past, too: Spock's Beard, Iced Earth, Chick Corea (with Dave Weckl (!)), Yeti (excellent black-metal from Fla. (!)), and Glass Hammer, to name a few. Plus the Misfits, GWAR, etc. :headbang:

Hope to see some of y'all there!

Might be going. I really want to see Heather Alexander, but I don't know when she is supposed to perform. Or if I'll need Dragon*con tickets to see her performance.

Have any info on this Pellaz?

Other than that.. might still go to look at stuff. Last year I bought a really neat picture. The Art gallery has always been one of my favorite stops for either Gen*Con, or Dragon*con.

Me +4. I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me the concert schedule for the weekend, if you have such a thing.
Thanks.

The Pocket Program was available for download via the Dragon*Con site, but is currently returning an error message. (Gee, and it's been two years since I was the webmaster.....can you tell?)

Cheiron, Heather Alexander is scheduled for two performances on the Concourse stage, Friday at 2pm and Sunday at 11am. Theoretically you'll need a membership badge to see those performances.

Magius, evening shows are as follows:

Thursday night: Spectremen, Cogburns, Maudlin Ash (all locals)

Friday-Sunday nights, bands will start at midnight each night (!) -- not my choice.

Friday night, Regency Ballroom: Voltaire, Distorted Reality
Friday night, Centennial Ballroom: Daikaiju, The Infernals

Saturday night, Regency: Consortium of Genius
Saturday night, Centennial: Ego Likeness, The Cruxshadows

Sunday night, Regency: Abney Park, The Last Dance
Sunday night, Centennial: Godhead

Also: Emerald Rose, Paul Mercer/DP3/Ghosts Project, The Brobdingnagian Bards, Voltaire, Boogie Knights, Heather Alexander, The Last Dance (acoustic gig), Tom Smith, Throwing Toasters, Worm Quartet, The Last Picture Show, The Great Luke Ski...are all scheduled for 30-min daytime sets on 'my' Concourse stage.

Thanks. Were staying downtown Sat night, so I think we'll be checking out Cruxshadows. Will drop by your stage during the day.

I plan to be at the Con each day from about 10AM until midnight. So if any of the PP folks want to hook up for lunch, a run through the dealers room, or one of the late night shows, let me know. I'll PM you my cell phone number and we'll try to meet up.

:)

:OMG:

OMG!OMG!OMG! ...I can hardly contain myself! *goofy grin*

I've been planning for several months to attend Dragon*Con, but today I was able to check out their Pocket Program, detailing the scheduled events. Originally there weren't but a few celeb's I was even remotely interested in attempting to meet and greet with - Johnny Whitaker, Mark Goddard, Erin Moran to name a few. But today I checked out the American SciFi/Fantasy Classics trak and low and behold, bestill my heart... Holly will be there!!! Holly from Land of the Lost is scheduled to be in attendance! :worship:

OMG!OMG!OMG! my first crush ever! Kathleen Coleman was my sweetie when I was 8-10 years old, even though she didn't know it. After all, she was the older woman. :Smug: But now I get to meet her in person and tell her that 'Holly' was my favorite Saturday morning character ever! Oh Joy!

*Hoyt performs a stirring rendition of the cabbage patch*

Close your eyes and begin to relax
Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly.....
Concentrate on your breeding....
Err, waitaminute. :D

Magius, drop by and say hi. I'll be in the area, or my evil-looking staff people will know where I am. :lol:

I just got back from WORLDCON, which is the whole reason I'm not going to PP... I don't think I'll ever make a D*C until it moves out of Labor Day weekend.

jaimek said:
I just got back from WORLDCON, which is the whole reason I'm not going to PP... I don't think I'll ever make a D*C until it moves out of Labor Day weekend.

Heh, it's on Labor Day weekend for the same reason that Worldcon usually is.....it's easier to get hotels on such an otherwise convention-dead weekend.

How was Worldcon?

Meanwhile, Dragon*Con is upon us......aieeeee. I'm packing now and heading down tomorrow. :kickass:

Pellaz said:
Heh, it's on Labor Day weekend for the same reason that Worldcon usually is.....it's easier to get hotels on such an otherwise convention-dead weekend.

All kinds of fun, although not entirely drama-free, as you may have heard about Harlan Ellison groping Connie Willis. o_O I know his schtick is all about being a disrespectable old geezer, but jeez. Tad Williams drove down to have dinner/breakfast with us... missed the Killer Bs and a V (Bear/Benford/Brin/Vinge) panel due to a blood drive snafu but caught Benford and Kim Stanley Robinson on a global warming panel that got rather rowdy... saw quite a bit of George RR Martin but didn't chat with him... crashed the TOR highroller party... awesome week.

Incidentally, Denver in 2008 is supposed to be earlier in the month, around the 10th, I think. I'll probably hit that one as well.

Could be wrong, but I heard Nicholas Brendon from Buffy The Vampire Slayer was going to be doing some kind of appearance in ATL around this time from hearing one of his recent Audioblogs. He actually bailed on a few performances of a play he was in with Noah Wiley from ER and someone else. I fig'd it could have been for DragonCON.

Kyle