Any Rush Fans?

tama_drumster

New Metal Member
Nov 30, 2005
Hey everyone, I've been a fan of Rush ever since I can remember. I have so many great memories with their music. I just wanted to let others know that they're new dvd set is awesome! It's shot in hi-definition so the quality is really good, you feel like you're at the actual concert. My friend from umvd was able to get a copy for me and I haven't been able to stop watching since, I love it, they have their concert from Frankfurt last year and other footage, check it out if you're interested and let me know what you think,
http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/sanctuary/rush_r30.htm
:p

I absolutely love RUSH. I've been a huge fans since the first time I heard "In the Mood" back in 1974.....I think it was that cow-bell that hooked me! (LMMFAO)

I own all their material.....but don't have that DVD yet. Will have to check it out.

I will say this. Rush hasn't played in Winnipeg since October of 1982.....in support of Signals. So, that is a real bummer. Can you imagine that? We had about 8,500 punters in the seats that night 23 years ago, and they've never bothered to come back.

Oh well.....I still like 'em. If I were on a desert island and had to choose which music I could have with me.....it would be the complete RUSH catalogue.

rush-colour53.jpg

I love Rush! It seems to me, though, that American rock/metal fans are conditioned to hate Rush, like most of us Yankees are conditioned to hate communists. Most people I talk to, when I tell them I like rush, reply with "Hehehe Geddy Lee is so gay, 'Exit the warrior today's Tom Sawyer'" (Doing a horrendous impression of Mr. Lee).

The Winnipeg Warrior is awesome. Best new poster in quite a while.

Rush is one of the few classic rock bands I like. They didn't resort to inane lyrics, and were always doing something new. Well, most of the time.

Every thing up to and including moving picture is great. Rush is one of my fave bands. AFter that album, they fell victom to the all to familiar 80's disease called the Van Halen effect which involves more key boards and less guitars.

MetalHeadMarc said:
Every thing up to and including moving picture is great. Rush is one of my fave bands. AFter that album, they fell victom to the all to familiar 80's disease called the Van Halen effect which involves more key boards and less guitars.

Then you need to catch up. Their last studio release of original material, Vapor Trails, had nary a keyboard to be found anywhere on the recording.

I have the Deluxe box set for R30 with the double CD set, backstage pass and guitar picks (Geddy doesn't play bass with a pick!). The editing and the sound are spot on - I'm pretty sure I'd be ranting about the Hi-Definition picture if I had a Hi-Definition television. :loco: As it is, I have to live with a regular television for the moment so I can't say anything about that. :D

I discovered Rush in 1980, I was 11 and listening to 2112 I understood that my instrument was DRUMS and not piano (as my parents wanted).
I could see them live only 24 years later, in Milano and I almost cried...:)

I have my friend. I bought vapor trails the day it came out and was incredibly disapionted. The drumming was sub par and there weren't ant guitar solos! Most band have a expiration date, their's was '81.

Rush is incredible. I own all of the albums and I must say that the last 3 studio efforts are all very good. I saw them on the R30 and Vapor Trails tours and I know I will see them whenever they are around.

Like most bands, Rush has struggled to match their earlier albums. Nothing against them, but all bands eventually run out of ideas and inspiration.