Any Schecter owners here?

dreamingneonblack

All about the METAL
Nov 30, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
C1 Classic or Hellraiser? I'm debating between the two, but my local GC only carries the Classic- which is frickin' sweet by the way. I really want to hear the Hellraiser with the EMG's though. I currently have an ESP and an Ibanez, but neither neck seems to compare with the Classic. That freaked me out.

Any opinions would be appreciated by you owners out there.

Thanks

And before you say it...don't tell me to ask Jeff...:D

I have the c-1 classic

everything about it is exactly what I've always wanted in a guitar (except it has cheap pots :p , but that's a simple fix if I were so inclined to do so)

I haven't played the Hellraiser, I'm not metal enough.

Chromatose said:
I have the c-1 classic

everything about it is exactly what I've always wanted in a guitar (except it has cheap pots :p , but that's a simple fix if I were so inclined to do so)

I haven't played the Hellraiser, I'm not metal enough.

How long have you had yours and how many times have you had to replace the pots?

I agree with you, I think that thing is a sweet playing guitar.

I'd love a seven-string, but that means I'd have to buy another seven-string, (for my other lead guitarist) and a five string for Bass-man.

I have the Hellraiser model. It is by far the best guitar I've played. It has a set neck w/ EMGs 81/85. Bad ass. Body is solid mahogany but light as a feather. The sustain is unbelievable. Of course, I got one because Loomis plays one. I figured if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me. Unfortunately most dealers can't get a Hellraiser in stock because Schecter sells the shit out of them. Musician's Friend never has them and they don't even carry the C-7 Hellraiser. If you want one, get one at http://www.drumcityguitarland.com. They are the #1 Schecter dealer on the globe. They have about 400 in stock. I ordered mine and got it the next day.

Anyway...rambling...sorry....the Hellraiser kicks ass. I played a C-1 at a local guitar store and liked it. I bought the Hellraiser because of the EMGs and it blows the C1 away. But that's just me.... :)

This is the one I have:

969.jpg

God I hate being left handed. I want the C7 hellraiser and it is one of the only models schecter does't make in a lefty. Had to settle on the oo7 elite, which is a killer guitar but it's just not the same.

I've just won an auction for the 007 Elite model.Hope that I can soon share my experience with you about the guitar.

The show in Hungary was amazing!

The_River_Dragon said:
I'd love a seven-string, but that means I'd have to buy another seven-string, (for my other lead guitarist) and a five string for Bass-man.

not really. Unless both of you play leads.

One of my guitarists, the lead player, has a 7 string universe and the other down tuned his les paul to B and uses really heavy strings. If you set up your guitar right and you don't play leads, you can easily get serious crunch on a down-tuned six string, especially if the guitar is nice. (Carcass - Heartwork anyone?)

Same thing goes for basses, Jim used to do it (don't know if he still does) but if you are not a twiddle-diddy player and all you need is fat riffing, you can string your 4 string with a low B, because, as tony levin once said "g strings are for strippers."

I've had a five-string forever though, but if I didn't I would totally string a four string like a five.

DEADHEART said:
God I hate being left handed. I want the C7 hellraiser and it is one of the only models schecter does't make in a lefty. Had to settle on the oo7 elite, which is a killer guitar but it's just not the same.
I got the same problem :(

I have the c-1 classic, and i absolutely love it. Granted i've never played the hellraiser, but the c-1 is perfect for everything i do. i've had it for almost 2 years, and have yet to encounter any problems besides a very minor annoyance with the volume knob. I highly reccomend it, for the price it can't be beat

I had a crappy Schecter Diamond Series about 5 years ago that I traded in for a BC Rich Mockingbird NJ series. It was an awesome guitar, until I traded it again for my current guitar, an ESP LTD EC-100...

Creator_Failure said:
I have the c-1 classic, and i absolutely love it. Granted i've never played the hellraiser, but the c-1 is perfect for everything i do. i've had it for almost 2 years, and have yet to encounter any problems besides a very minor annoyance with the volume knob. I highly reccomend it, for the price it can't be beat

yes, my problem too :cool:

and to the question above, I never changed my pots, have only had the guitar a few months at most, and yeah, its a minor annoyance with the volume knob (has a tiny spot on it where the sound cuts out). I never really use the volume knob though, but other than that I can tell that they're cheap pots based on the sweep range whatevers, and tone when adjusting them.. but really its not a problem I have with the guitar at all (they have to save money somewhere afterall :p ). Everything else about it is perfect. It's not quite as smooth as some PRS's I've played, as an example, but the quality per dollar ratio blows everything else I've ever played completely away.

I chose the c-1 classic over the hellraiser because the JB/Jazz p/u combo is one of my favorite combos, but if metal is your thang, go for the hellraiser with the emgs

plus that vine inlay mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm