Any shows in NY on Saturday, May 2

Ahh.. too bad I didn't go!
It would be nice to see you guys again after such a long time.
Hope I can catch some of you soon! :headbang:

I agree with those as well. I'm not one into picking on peoples fashion, but if the girl who wears BUBBLE WRAP and a COCONUT BRA stays your outfit and hair are bad... well then.

As for Volbeat, they fucking SLAYED in Hartford (and F the rest of you for not coming up. Had a nice cold case of beer chillin' and plenty of stuff to BBQ).

I had thought about coming down to NYC, but AMBR checked the venue and it was 15+ and it would've been close to $200 with tix, parking, train and metro rides there. Just wasn't an option for me. Or I would've been there too.

And as for Michael being sick: I promise to never joke about the Swine Flu with him (or any other members of the band again.)

I do have to mention that the guys in Volbeat are hands down some of the coolest guys in the planet. I talked to them about the PP fiasco and they kept apologizing up and down for missing it sounds like.

The bass player was telling us a story about their tour manager, who is from Puerto Rico. He's got dark skin, and in the airport he kept sneezing, so the rest of Volbeat was pointing at him and yelling "SWINE FLU!" and running in the opposite direction. I also found out that he does dishes and laundry! I was *this close* to making a trade for pancakes in the AM with him.

When Michael was talking with Joey Sky about being a bass player after finding out my son is ten, he said, “Tell you what. In five years, when we’re back here, you keep practicing and you can come play on stage with us.” And then handed him a guitar pick and said, “this is our word”.

I think Joey’s fingers are bleeding today….

-MetalRose

Volbeat was awesome in Hartford! Blew nightwish away. (Metalrose - thought that might have been you but you were dressed so normally that I wasnt sure!)

Volbeat was awesome in Hartford! Blew nightwish away. (Metalrose - thought that might have been you but you were dressed so normally that I wasnt sure!)

LOL I save my special outfits for Progpower, but I don't consider a hoodie customized in saftey pins as "normal". But then again, I did have my son with me so I keep it way toned down.

My son was the blonde in the red shirt, long hair of course.

You should've come over and said hello. I won't bite unless you ask nicely.

-MetalRose

Just read the feature done by Bravewords on the NY show.

The most interesting thing about the article is that they pretty much covered Nightwish's entire day in the city, praised their concert (which was the worse I've ever seen them) but didn't mention Volbeat at all...

Mark Gromen, I've seen you do better.