Any Sigur Rós fans out there?

Kourosh

love your Crotch
May 11, 2001
Los Angeles
Visit site
I fucking LOVE Sigur Rós. I saw them live two nights in a row. Jónsi has a choir in his throat, and when he uses all those amplifiers with echo, it's like he has a full 100-piece church choir in his throat. Those guys make some of the most beautiful music to date. If you haven't been turned onto these guys yet, you can walk into absolutely ANY record store and buy a copy of their most recent album, Ágætis Byrjun, which was originally released in 1997 and released in America about 7 months ago. Von and Vonbrigði can be ordered from http://www.badtaste.dk/ as well as other various stuff. These guys are great. If you haven't heard them, I strongly recommend checking them out at least once before you die. If you have heard them, then damnit, spread the word!

rock action is a great album. quite a bit different from their previous works, there's a lot of orchestration on this one.

my personal fave is come on die young. so, so dark.

Yeah, its beautiful! Which is ur favourite godspeed album? Cos I've only got a few songs and have been meaning to get some for ages. Also ne more post-rock in that vein u can recommend would be mauch appreciated. I just want another ASMZ album :cry:

best godspeed album (imo) - lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

other post rock bands i like quite a bit - tortoise, trans am, the sea and the cake, laika...

I saw Sigur Ros in the spring and really loved it, then I saw them again in the fall and was bored, waiting for it to end, i was pretty pissed that of their entire set they played just 2 songs that had been released in the fall show

still both their albums are great, Von is a must have