Any snk/capcom fighting game nerds here?

E-bortion

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Dec 23, 2004
Seems as if for ages now I've had only one nerdish leaning. I've been a 2d fighter buff since conception. Can't remember a day in my life that didn't involve some serious button mashing. As of late I'm a bit pissy. Seems as if 2d fighters are nearly extinct. Saw a Marvel vs Capcom 2 (as horrible and random of a game as it is) collecting dust the other day, made me want to cry like a little bitch. I suppose the 13 (?) year old Neo-Geo system and outdated cps1 and cps2 (capcom) systems should be sent to the retirement home, but I still think there's room for improvement even in the realm of 2d fighters. Why not bring about a Neo-Geo2 or cps3??? Are 3d games really THAT much better when it comes to fighting games? Tell me you all haven't gotten into the Mortal Kombat Deception, Tekken5, or Soul Calibur II (III is about to be here...) craze. There has to be somebody around here that feels that 2d fighters have gone unappreciated by our (well, my) snot-nosed, flashiness-enthused generation.

Top 5 Fighting Games (in my opinion)
---------------------------
1. Street Fighter Alpha (Zero) 3
2. The King of Fighters 2001
3. The Last Blade 2
4. Matrimelee
5. Samurai Shodown 4

Fuck Marvel vs Capcom 2, the game is random and the hit boxes are retarded.

Discuss.

YEah, fuck 3D. Give me 2D any day of the week.

Super Street Fighter Turbo on the Super Nintendo is probably the greatest one, although yeah I agree with E-bortion about Street Fighter Alpha. Either way, the Street Fighters are probably the greatest series.

If you could master Dhalsim, you were untouchable (especially if you could make him disappear and re-appear). Although Blanka has that electric eel shit going for him...

Tekken 3 was also stunning. Soul Caliber wasn't bad (eye candy more than anything).

Capcom is a great games company. Best thing they ever did was the Resident Evil series.

I applied for a job at Capcom once. :tickled:

Mortal Kombat II on SNES = best fighter ever

I spent some serious hours with all the various Street Fighter II games though. I liked those one illegal Championship Edition ones where you could set them shitz so fast it was like Round 1! USHUFUFH Round 2! HHDUHFUFHUD You Win! :dopey:

I'm with you e-bortion. I love king of fighters. Sadly the new KOF has gone 3d. SNK vs Capcom SVC just came out recently and it's entertaining as hell. (I love the pre-fight dialogue) I want to see a marvel vs snk vs capcom. Now that would be the pinnacle of 2d action.

Baseball Stars and ken griffey jr baseball > all these new baseball fuckfests they come out with. Have you ever played super fire pro wrestling premium x? It fucking slays! All these new wwf 3d games get boring after an hour. Give me gameplay...and keep the graphics. [/nerd rant]

JayKeeley said:
YEah, fuck 3D. Give me 2D any day of the week.

Super Street Fighter Turbo on the Super Nintendo is probably the greatest one, although yeah I agree with E-bortion about Street Fighter Alpha. Either way, the Street Fighters are probably the greatest series.

If you could master Dhalsim, you were untouchable (especially if you could make him disappear and re-appear). Although Blanka has that electric eel shit going for him...

Tekken 3 was also stunning. Soul Caliber wasn't bad (eye candy more than anything).

Capcom is a great games company. Best thing they ever did was the Resident Evil series.

I applied for a job at Capcom once. :tickled:

I've always been an Akuma master. I've won several tourneys with him ^^. Concerning the older street fighters I always used Ryu.

Oh, and I've heard rumors of a new 2d KOF. Wouldn't surprise me if it were the last in the series.

I like some of the new generation fighters like Soul Caliber II (the only game I've ever beaten on a rental with no cheats), but I wasted a large chunk fo my youth on Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat in their many incarnations...Scorpion uber alles.