What is your next favorite thing?

May 9, 2003
I thought to start an interesting thread to learn a little more about each other. What is your next favorite thing/passion after music? Your favorite thing to do besides listening to music to put it simply.

I guess mine is playing video games, I also like non video type games but mostly video games. I have just grown up with them and still love them to this day. They are prob just above music for me but I have only been into music this intensely for a couple years now and music is starting to take up a lot of my time. Too many cd's too little time. I mostly like rpg's because they are like playing out a story. Right now the games I am playing the most are Soul Calibur 2 and Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. I am a real big fighting game fan as well, but mostly like 2d fighting games such as Guilty Gear series and Street Fighter series.

Video games, some sports, fast food. Basically thats what I'm doing if I'm not in front of the computer listening to music. And Soul Calibur 2 is awesome, if they had Spawn for the PS2 version I woulda bought it. And Wendy's, although greasy, is the best fast food. Except for the fries, those suck, no flavor to em at all. Actually I'd say Taco Bell is #1, but to keep things fair I'm only counting burger places.

I try to be a renaissance man in all that i do.

Besides music I do a lot. I like to work out, read a good book, read/write poetry (Im only a novice though but everyone seems to like what I do), cook (im one mean chef), bike ride, and of course spend time with my best friend.

umm....music/guitar/net takes up most of my recreation time. but when im not im just hanging out with friends and i also like to study/learn about cars and driving, im a bit of a petrolhead

Either comedy, and not just enjoying it but studying in a way. Different delivery methods, postures, everything about the show. Jokes setup, structure, everything. Also, psychology/sociology is cool, but i'm also taking an anthropology class and that's really interesting. I might study that further. Also cooking.

You know Yngster that fast food stuff will kill ya! Lol....guess we all are guilty! Yeah, I have been in college a couple of years now as well and I completed all my social science classes by taking phsycology, social problems, and now for the hell of it sociology. The two teachers who teach those classes are real easy going and makes the classes fun and easy. I am getting more interested in sociology because I have discovered that I have always had a sociological point of view/mind without even knowing it. I have gotten so interested in it myself that it would probably be a second choice for a major if my majoring in digital media doesn't work out or I just decide not to do it. And soul of ice.......that biking thing you were talking about, I have a vague memory of doing something like that a long long time ago. You had to actually use your own energy to move it or something right? Lol....its been so long!

I use to draw a lot too but since I didn't I stopped practicing from my younger years I just plain suck at it. I am a real big fan of Japanese things too....just look at my user name and what I am listening to now!

oh and soul of ice. When I was in middle and high school my house was JUST out of school bus range so I had to bike and walk all those years to and from school. I did drive in high school but my car was always broken...lol. I remember those day...actually walking and biking are kinda relaxing....always gave me time to think. You'll be surprised at what new horizons your mind will open to while taking a good walk. Kinda the same effect as listening to great music. I sound like an after school special or something...

Poetry and hanging out with friends.

I used to work out pretty regularly before I moved off to college. Next semester, I'm planning on getting a membership at the field house so I can use everything they have there.

I wanna be a writer when I grow up :D That would be my next favorite thing to do in the whole world, though I write best when I have music playing. I want to be a fiction writer, but it seems that I do better at writing non-fiction things like memoirs...but who would want to read about my stupid life? :loco: