Video Games.....

brother elf....i play war2 too....do u play on bnet? if so what r ur names? it would be kool to play with a fellow opeth fan.

Iv'e played there a couple of times. I'll play you, although i'm still trying to figure out what my new computer is capable of on the internet. maybe we can play a one on one game or something.
I played as Brotherelf there too.

I am one of those Medieval Wargamers. I love Strategy games such as Cossacks: The Art of War, Shogun: Total War, American Conquest and I can sometimes get addicted to games such as Waterloo: Napolean's Last Battle, Sid Meier's Gettysburg, and Sid Meier's Antietam.

Hehe, OLD thread! Yeah it's not Zidane anymore, it's Alucard!
I havn't played games in a while, but one of the last ones I really got into was Morrowind. Brilliant game..

Valkyrie Profile is my favorite RPG. The guy who composed the music was a keyboard player in a prog rock band, which explains why the music is so good! Good to see someone else actually has heard of it!

I didn't like Valkyrie Profile that much. Way too long of cutscenes that were just kind of boring, a retarded time limit, and a very repetitive level design bogged it down. Definitely one of the worst rpgs I played for the PSX, except for Chrono Cross, Beyond the Beyond, and that Legaia game.

Right now, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. When I'm finished, I plan on buying Xenosaga, the new Zelda, and possibly the new Breath of Fire.

I'd say the best rpgs of all time... Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, and Vagrant Story. All those games enthralled me to the point that I almost totally forgot about real life. Also, the Persona series is almost sickeningly awesome... and Phantasy Star IV whipped all ass left and right. Oh yeah, the King's Field series is also monumentally amazing, very slow paced exploratory action rpgs from a first person point of view. If you can find King's Field 2 for the PSX, get it immediately. King's Field 4 for the PS2 isn't quite as good, but it's still worthy of purchase by any stretch of the term.

The problem with the cutscenes was that a lot of the translation was pretty off. I liked the game, but I see how others could dislike it. The music and graphics were so beautiful, imo. The timelimit didn't really bother me either, you could accomplish the mission goals in about half the time they give you.

Baldur's Gate 2 and Torment are AMAZING games.

I dig the Final Fantasy games (I have the ROMS for the old imports), Chrono Trigger rules. I've just now recently started playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time. I'm almost done with the first disc. I can't beat that Materia Keeper thing, and I'm a level 31. It always does that Trine thing and crushes me.

Oh, well, I'm rambling.

I also am a huge fan of the Metal Gear series, and first person shooters. My big addiction right now is Battlefield 1942.

I love RPGs. I don't play anymore, but I was obsessed with FFVII and Lunar II to the point where it'd be the only thing I did for more than 6-8 hours straight. And yeah, I cried when Aeris died, and I still get weepy when I hear the song it plays while it happens. :)

I can't wait till Lunar III comes out, I'll immediately buy it (or rent it), and somehow get a PS2 (I don't have one yet). I'll probably steal a friend's. :D

I have been a gamer for a while and I'm a pretty big one at that...

I'm into every genre except sports..I have every next gen system, and I'm also a PC gamer..In fact, more so than a console gamer now. I enjoy FPS and RPGs most.

I play mostly UT & UT2K3, MOHAA, RTCW(And the expansion), BF1942 & DC, and AVP2 online, under the name Vortanius...

i havent played too many RPG's, though the ones i have and liked are all the Zelda games, Phantasy Star Online, Neverwinter Nights, Ice Wind Dale 2, Diablo 2...if you want to count that..
i am more consumed my FPS...MOHAA, Quake 3, UT, 1942...etc

Morningrise, and everyone else, im a bit confused as what you call RPG's. My view of RPG is where you creat YOUR OWN character and see him/her evolve.

My fav RPG's are totaly Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, wher eyou creat your own character and see him evolve and take on the suprises that his life throws in his face, very timeconsuming. I must have spent 300 h playing both games several times...

I play Starcraft : Brood War with the 0peth nick ;)
And Adrenaline Gamer Mod for Half-Life , the best mod ever ( for the half-life players) , and please don't talk about Camper-Strike , thx ;)

I was thinking the same thing Episode. My favorite games are Dark Age of Camelot, Diablo 2, and Day of Defeat (which happens to be the best mod for Half-Life kkthx).

I play games, usually action/adventure games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Silent Hill etc. My big addiction right now is Ikaruga on Gamecube. It's a vertical shooter and god does it rule.

Since Shining Force is the best ever and Phantasy Star is the greatest ever, I take it you have some sort of discrepancy between best and greatest? You strange, little man. Shining Force 2 was better than Shining Force and Phantasy Star IV was the best of the Phantasy Stars, so I disagree with you.