OT: Anyone else miss old video games?

Dejap translations claims its almost finished, but for anti rip off propuses all the menus were intentionally left out in japanese, so are the item names, but all the dialog is english wich makes me think they are honest and the game is pretty damn close to a final translation.

Yeh i still have mortal combat.
But u guys are forgetting such titles as

ALLEY CAT - great game

sleuth -

bards tale - awesome fantasy rpg....first person.

D&D - darkmoon / eye of the beholder - brilliant fantasy game rpg....with a party of 6 ppl.....games like Bulders gate are an almost direct copy. Except that darkmoon was first person view of the party.

Commander keen series.

DUKE NUKEM

Zeliard......brilliant brilliant brilliant........platform rpg. You had a huge sword..and u could jump and slash...it was beautiful.

Realms of Chaos.

Stunts - 1990 game......the best racing game you can get. Download it today.. U can build your own tracks with jumps and loops....MMMMmmmmmmmmm.

go to
www.dosgamesarchive.com for great DOS games

hehe i own the original stunts
i like when you build a single line track that is the entire lenght of the map and at the end you put like 5 ramps in a row then run it with the f1 car it actually flies for like a minute then comes to the ground and has this weird bug when its like its always on ice at full speed

I've also logged many many hours kicking people's asses in Goldeneye. Temples, Power Weapons. Can you say "RCP-90"?

good one....i also love Grenade Launchers in Temple

pistols (liscence to kill)-facilty
rockets-stack
remote mines-caves
anything....man i love that game

anyone ever play Tengen for Genesis. it was a really cheap racing game that im just thinking of now. god that game was cheap as hell. there was these 2d cows and when you ran them over, they made a really cheap "moo" sound. :lol:

"Hehehe anyone else feels Mortak Kombar and MKII were the top of the fighting games history and everything after it was just not as good?"
Totally agree, MK3 was, an improvement, but not as much, and they got lazy as hell. Every fatality included them exploding into guts with eight ribcages and nine skulls
:rolleyes: I liked the run button and combo system enough that it balanced out. Every fighting game after I haven't liked much, I don't like all these 3d fighters. They are in the works of making another MK game, although after MK4 I don't expect much, I didn't like MK4 much at all.

1.ghostbusters(sega) lol this game owned
2.revenge of shanobi(sega)game was tough
3.secrets of mana(snes) great rpg
4.castlevania sotn(ps)this game just owned me who ever said the music ruled was right....the music was sweet , even the gameboy advance circle of the moon kicked ass even though the game was dark, it still had all the depth of sotn
5.resident evil(ps) the first one was the best gotta love that cheesy voice acting)
6. final fantasy tactics(ps)
7. tactics ogre(ps)
8. metal of honor(ps)
9.sonic the hedge hog games
10.streets of rage games

.Hey whaddaya know, a thread about the other main 'passion in my life (besides Opeth), video games!:hotjump: I started up way back when with the Commodore 64. Man I don't think my dad paid for a single game he got for us:D I don't suppose anyone remembers either silkwood/silkworm (can't remember which name) or sammy light-foot. Now that was the shit! Well it was when the '64' stood for KB and not MB.:heh: After that I went through most of the consoles (as I've always had an underpowered PC:cry: ). I think from memory I had the Sega Master System I and II (Wonderboy in Monsterland RULED!!), SNES (Still has the best games of all time: Secret Of Mana [OMFG!!], Super Metroid, and Super Mario Kart), N64 (74 hit combos in Killer Instinct Gold were always gratifying), Playstation (FF Series anyone?:D Don't get me started, I'll never stop [or hadn't you noticed?:rolleyes:], Dreamcast (Shenmue just plain kicks ass, it's too damn big!), oh and the PS2 of course GT3 is the only brilliant game so far though, seeing as we haven't got MGS2 or FFX yet here, and GTA3 got pulled of the shelf (due to ratings!):cry:

I still can't figure out why they stopped making 2D games after the release of the PSX and N64 though. Does anyone besides me wanna see Donkey Kong 4/5? for the GameCube. Here's an interesting question. Can anyone remember the last 2D game (not handheld) to be released, before everyone jumped on the 3D bandwagon?

I think it was Yoshi's story for N64?

Paper Mario and Yoshi's Island were too cookey, i'd kill for another 2d sonic or mario game, no crazy twists like paper characters or babio marios, please. GTA3 is my favorite PS2 game I have, always fun to turn it on and screw around for a while. Metal Gear Solid 2 WAS a great game (whoever said they didn't get it, you have to play through it to understand). I truly had a blast playing that game, it was more like a movie in a lot of ways though, the plot was excellent, I always wanted to get to the next cutscene, then after a week of playing I beat it in 11 hours gametime, that's why I say it WAS a great game. I'll probably end up playing through it again at least once, but 11 hours for $50, you might as well rent it and beat it in one rental.

11 hours? any game under 30 hours wont do and games like 60 hours are just amazing. Epic long like the 200 hours of BG2 are once in a lifetime game but ff6 on the nes was pretty damn long back in the day =)

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn

Wasn't Paper Mario kind of 2d?

Oh yeah, forgot about that one, (Sold my N64 a while ago) It's only just come out over here a little while ago....

Originally posted by Oyo
ROCK AND ROLL RACING! OMFG, I loved that game! I think it was great because you actually tried to race, the weapons had their place, but they weren't overused or worthless, it was balanced nice, and it was so fun to shoot people and pass them up.

Yeah, Rock and Roll Racing kicked serious fucking ass and the balance of weapons and racing WAS perfect. Unmatched since. And, yes, Black Sabbath's Paranoid was on the soundtrack - ya gotta love that.