OT: Anyone else miss old video games?

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn

Here's an interesting question. Can anyone remember the last 2D game (not handheld) to be released, before everyone jumped on the 3D bandwagon?

It's gotta be Megaman X6 for PS.

Loom for Amiga 500 !!! =)
best game ever made !

anyone played it?

You're a dude that walks around looking like a monk, and you carry a staff that plays tunes. You can cast spells with it when you learn short 4-tune melodies. It's just freaking awesome :)

I mad no one likes Tekken… but anyways what is bc2 oyo/misanthorpe I can't think of what it is.

As far as really long games the longes I that I can remember is ff7 I haven't found anyone that has beatten it in under a month and I know he had to of played it non stop.

I don't think I'm going to be too excited about donkey kong anything since I never really liked it.

But I can' t wait till the new metroid, Zelda and castlevania comes out for the game cube :D

A good game that I liked for the ps2 is Devil may cry that is a sweet game you guys should try it

Let me get this straight.

You people, proud and dedicated Opeth fans, who live for intelligent lyrics and complex music, would rather play a repetitive 2d beat-'em-up game with no plot whatsoever, than a graphical, intelligent game which requires you to use your brain rather than reflexes?

How extremely IRONIC :lol:

Originally posted by hibernal_dream
Let me get this straight.

You people, proud and dedicated Opeth fans, who live for intelligent lyrics and complex music, would rather play a repetitive 2d beat-'em-up game with no plot whatsoever, than a graphical, intelligent game which requires you to use your brain rather than reflexes?

How extremely IRONIC :lol:

The way I see it is that we think too much and we need something to take our minds off everything so we need addictive stupid games that have loveable characters and long play life :) there are just some things that shouldn't require brain use watching tv and playing video games are some of them imho.

Oldskool games are the best

My parents never bought me an snes because my grades were so shitty, oh, how i longed for one.

The best game i ever played on the snes had got to be "Chrono Trigger", and the follow up, "Chrono Cross" on the psone. These 2 have got to be the best games ever to be created! Oh yeah, "Devil May Cry" also rules!! Long live the PS2!

Originally posted by Gandalf
Oldskool games are the best

My parents never bought me an snes because my grades were so shitty, oh, how i longed for one.

The best game i ever played on the snes had got to be "Chrono Trigger", and the follow up, "Chrono Cross" on the psone. These 2 have got to be the best games ever to be created! Oh yeah, "Devil May Cry" also rules!! Long live the PS2!

Did you ever Beat "chrono cross" I got far and I think I made it back to my original self but I couln't beat the last boss in the future place it always kicked my ass

If you want to play a fun game that takes thinking....commandos. is perfect. Highly enjoyable.

I think crappy 2d games are the best. Who needs good graphics when you can play ALLEY CAT.....or double dragon. BAH!!! GRAPHICS!!!!

just got xbox and its great. only got halo for it though. but my friend has it and has alot of games for it so i just play it over there. halo has to be one of the greatest games ever. its not just another first person shooter, trust me. i think old 2d games are good, but the games now-a-days are so much better. i dont want to sound like a "troo" black metaller here but it adds atmosphere. its like your playing a movie or playing a book (to games that actually have stories). I think games now-a-days are much easier then old games too. I mean i think i beat mario for nes like twice in my whole life. I cant do it now its just to hard.

None of those games can be compared to stuff like myst or riven. Man, when you start playing games like that, they don't let go of your mind until you've finished them.