The official "Arcade/Fighting Games" thread (SNK, Capcom, etc)

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Acie (E-Bortion) and I have been talking back and forth about the pure glory of Street Fighter and King of Fighters recently, I was wondering if anyone else was into this type of arcade gaming? Anyone collect the actual units?

This is probably the coolest thing I own... it was only $350 if you can fucking believe it...

MVS.jpg

edit: I'll take a better picture of it up and running tonight. The game that is currently in there is Metal Slug, the best shooter of all time.

metal slug owns them all

edit: in before the edit saying that's a metal slug machine

In that case I meant to say "metal slug owns all your pansy fighting games"

you should just build a cabinet like that one above only with an emu and all the Neo Geo roms, and then you'd get all the ladies

mortal kombat II > all

i also thoroughly enjoyed tekken (particularly part 2) and street fighter II.

i'm totally jealous of your real neogeo though, that fucking rules. this one sammitch shop around here has one there but i'm usually too busy stuffing my face to play it.

Chromatose said:
you should just build a cabinet like that one above only with an emu and all the Neo Geo roms, and then you'd get all the ladies

Build a MAME cabinet, those things slay all. a few of my friends down in florida have them. im drunk. they play all arcade games ever + all oldschool console games. im drunk.

Chromatose said:

I was considering getting a 4-slot board. I mean, my 1-slot is great and everything, but it sucks to have to unlock the back and switch carts/etc. Hm, whatever... we'll see what happens.

Other news: I found a full Samurai Showdown 5 MVS kit for $100, I think I might do it (kit as in the cart with all of the marquee stuff).

but yeah.... why spend so much on the systems when I can like, send you 10 dvds with the full mame rom set and you can just spend that large amount of money on cardboard boxes and tvs and spraypaint and build a ghetto cabinet which would have unruly amounts of sweet games to play.