So - essentially Microsoft is paying me to play fucking stupid arcade games

Vista is total shit. Due to some kind of bug a friend of mine was stuck in an infinite loop of restarting windows explorer and nothing could be done to fix it. The same thing happened to a lot of people.

Vista is total shit. Due to some kind of bug a friend of mine was stuck in an infinite loop of restarting windows explorer and nothing could be done to fix it. The same thing happened to a lot of people.
Hasn't happened to me but I agree, Vista is pretty fucking gay. It looks better than XP and thank god the search function works decently now but that is about all I can say on the positive side about this operating system. 99% is either supremely pointless, idiotic, doesn't work, could be done better, missed the fucking point, fucks up, or was unnecessarily changed. Or any combination. The piece of shit doesn't have DOS so now I have to buy a whole new version of Warcraft 2 because I have the DOS based version. Gay ass fucking shit.

Probably the only good thing about Vista atm is direct x 10. But I'm not gonna upgrade till they've ironed out most of the major bugs. Which is what I originally did with XP and that worked out quite well for me.

Again...

Problem is... they don't ship to Australia. Any trustworthy Americans here willing to send something to Australia (if it eventually comes to that and I don't lose interest)?

Obviously I can pay for shipping.

UPDATE: They tack live search to the bottom of the games. Whatever word you use in the game it searches up on windows live. There doing this so that they get more website hits.

Funny that Vista Ultimate takes so little tickets when its about as expensive as the Zune or 360 - if you're not upgrading from an XP anyways.

Nice find though. I almost want to wait and see how long it takes anyone, especially american, to get their prize... but scams wait for no one!

I can't imagine how a company like microsoft would be associated with any sort of a scam

the potential damage is 100000000000000x more powerful than any real gains from scamming people on this game

Hasn't happened to me but I agree, Vista is pretty fucking gay. It looks better than XP and thank god the search function works decently now but that is about all I can say on the positive side about this operating system. 99% is either supremely pointless, idiotic, doesn't work, could be done better, missed the fucking point, fucks up, or was unnecessarily changed. Or any combination. The piece of shit doesn't have DOS so now I have to buy a whole new version of Warcraft 2 because I have the DOS based version. Gay ass fucking shit.

DOS hasn't been part of Windows since 2000 and most proper DOS games never ran in 2k and XP's commandline environment either. Which is why there are tools like DOSBox that let you run legacy DOS applications under an emulated DOS environment from within Windows. You are an idiot and know fuck all about software development if you seriously feel that every OS needs to remain backwards compatible with 16-bit legacy software forever. It isn't possible and infact a really bad idea for about a million different reasons.

To say that Vista doesn't improve on XP is pretty ignorant. There are loads of very significant architectural and core changes in Vista that make it a much more stable and secure OS than XP and it's predecessors. The UI is also just generally more sensible and complete (though yes, also requires more of your PC) and it finally lets you configure nearly everything out of the box instead of needing to mess around with things like regedit, msconfig and tweakui to get your stuff configured properly (atleast that's been my experience so far).

Ofcourse there's bugs but it already is entirely usable in its current state (I have been running it for months and not a single crash so far). New OSes always have bugs and performance issues due to immature third party device drivers for the first year or so. 2k did, XP did and Vista does. It resolves itself eventually and like I said it is nowhere near as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

But hey, suit yourselves.

Get MSDOS instead.

Or download an emulator