The Official Gaming Thread

The only reason I'd ever consider buying another Nintendo system is to buy Zelda, and after getting a Gamecube for that very reason, it really doesn't seem like it's worth it. It was cheap and a gift, but still, Nintendo has nothing at all that interests me outside of that franchise.

Sony has the best system every time, plain and simple. I don't care about the power of the system, I don't care about graphics, but Sony has all that matters to me, and that's the games. They've easily beat out the competition since they came into the market and it probably won't change. They also have the exclusive console license to the greatest series of games ever made, and that doesn't hurt either.

I'm not really biased as I may sound, I have a SNES, N64, Gamecube and Gameboy in addition to my PS1 and PS2 and I would support Nintendo if it was worthwhile, but their time is over and I'd rather buy the next Xbox for its inevitable array of Star Wars games than a system that has nothing to offer me, innovative or not.

Erik said:
Yeah, but you had reason to be disappointed 'cause you paid probably $300+ or something for all that stuff. I really only want to play the Zelda games and some other shit, and N64 hardware is cheap now.

don't forget mario kart 64.

This is all stupid bullshit. I used to be a fucking videogame fiend and I did at one point own a Gamecube, PS2, and X-Box. What a goddamn waste of money, I sold/am selling all of my stuff and when all of these new pieces of shit come out I'm going to scream one big "FUCK OFF".

My
MVS.jpg

is all I need.

I'm selling all sorts of systems and crap, if any of you are looking for something, just ask me... I probably have one to get rid of for fucking CHEAP.

n64, gamecube, PS2, Nintendo, SNES, Dreamcast etc.

hey could someone recommend me a badass modern rpg, something on the level of final fantasy x? i really liked that game, even though i never got past yunalesca.

that's my final fantasy career in a nutshell though, get to nearly the end, get my ass kicked, give up for 5 years, then go back and beat it one day, watch the ending, and don't remember shit about the rest of the story. :)

PC (This is only ones I've played)
Baldurs Gate (The expansion pack is soooooo hard)
Baldurs Gate 2 (never finished, always got busy, has to be played everyday or you get lost, sooooo many sidequests to distract you)
Planescape: Torment (kinda dark in a way, but with a wry humour)
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Icewind Dale (Baldur's Gate with a new setting, short, sweet and fun)
The Temple of Elemental Evil (more action based, very light RPG element)

that's all I can think of without looking at my CD collection.

PS2
I'll post a list after I talk to my cousin, he plays a lot of PS2 games, and loves RPGs.

Addendum: (FUCK UM SERVER FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, took me 3 tries to type this and I'm sure I re-forgot some of the games)

Neverwinter Nights (Nice and fun, especially as the mage/sorceror classes)
Dungeon Siege 2 (fun Action RPG, akin to Diablo)
The Elder Scrolls II+ (VERY fun and long and exciting and interactive RPGs)
Arcanum (Fun Mechanical vs. Magickal RPG )

I can burn you a copy of Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Dungeon Siege 2, and/or NWN and mail em.

i have baldur's gate and icewind dale. bg is nice but got stupid really fast. icewind dale perhaps i should actually play it: i watched the opening, created characters, and then quit. that was 6 months ago. :loco:

yeah i have morrowind (elder scrolls iii), what a cool game that is. i'm right at the end but don't even care if i ever finish it, it's fun to just wander around that game.

Oh yeah the fallouts were fucking awesome. Baldur's gate was also good, but not that much.
No, rewind - you must play fallout. It's really great game. It doesn't matter that it's old. It was old already when I have been playing it but it wasn't the graphics or sound that was important. The story, and the great atmosphere make this game so good. And you can play it when winamp is on!! At least try!

I'm an arcade nerd, so whatever fighting games (2d only, unless its sc2 or tekken5) make it to console I'll buy, but you can't deny the power of cps2/neogeo emulation.