The Gaming Thread

yeah and i agree. its groundbreadking for sure. and without it i would never have gotten left 4 dead 2 which is one of my all time favorites.

You're not alone, I felt the exact same way. I recognize that it's an awesome game but I only beat it once when it came out, and every time I try to go back I get bored for some reason... HL1 on the other hand I can revisit any time and still love it. I think my problem for me is that the Combine were kind of boring and bland as an enemy, in fact the enemies roster in general did not intrigue me. Your allies were okay but I didn't think the City 17 and the rebellion angle was all that interesting.

Fighting my way out of Black Mesa in HL1 and watching the situation slowly and discretely escalate was a lot more engaging. Even the HL1 remake, Black Mesa, is infinitely better to me than HL2, so I think it just comes down to how the story is presented (show don't tell) and how it progresses, as well as the mystery, the enemy roster etc. I simply think it's a more satisfying journey overall.

It is indeed an unpopular opinion but I'll stand by it. They are both top-tier games regardless of how I feel about them.

That said, Black Mesa is a fantastic project and if you like HL1 you should definitely check it out. It's pretty amazing how well they fleshed out the world without deviating too far from the original vision.

that really nailed it for me tbh. exact same feeling

What's a huge thing, this game WILL be modable.

Imagine first half life in VR. Community will do this.

Yea, ive been eyeing it for the last few years. Then I got bored, I mean, this section wasnt long enough to justify 5(?) years of delay.

But who am I kidding, Ill probably play it eventually, since I really have nothing to play, every game I touch just screams MEDIOCRE or bad, or like Divinity Original Sin 2, I enjoy it, play it for around 10 days and all of a sudden I dont play anymore and dont want to and I dont know why.

Just saw spoilers for The Last of Us 2.
Im gonna be honest, I knew this game would be shit after seeing second trailer, third trailer just confirmed everything but the leaked cutscenes are still something else :rofl:

bought a 2070 super card earlier this year. my contract got extended to september and my taxes are due in any day so i just bought a new cpu and mobo. 10700k boys.

Hoo boy, I thought TLOU2 sucks after seeing spoilers.

Nope, the game is actually even worse. I bet its gonna ruin everything good games built in terms of tolerance and acceptance of female and lqbtqwerty characters. Good job Naughty Dog.

I saw this guy yesterday when i was in the forrest :p

pewdiepie.png

I finally played Cyberpunk 2077. I never really paid a lot of attention to the game when it was being hyped. I generally don't get hyped for games since developers have always been over-ambitious. When Cyberpunk came out and it was kind of a shit-show I didn't really notice. I knew it was supposed to be a contender for the new AAA open world game but I wasn't invested because of the way over-hyped games tend to come out these days.

Well Cyberpunk has been patched for almost two years now, and I decided to play it a couple of months ago, and I am completely and utterly absorbed by this game. It might be because I had no real expectations, but I spent 90 glorious hours immersed in every way. I think some people thought it would be a GTA type game, but if you play it like that you won't have a good time. It's an RPG at its core, it just happens to have a large world you can drive around.

I'm not the kind of guy to replay games, I tend to commit once and walk away for years, but I might replay Cyberpunk immediately as a new gender and play-style. I don't know how bad it was on release, but it's fantastic now. Best game I've played in a while. The way I see it as a new player, it was probably always a great game that got fucked over by deadlines, ambition and bad QA.

And Keanu Reeves is awesome. He is way more integrated and important to the story than I expected, and the dude just wins you over no matter how much you want to hate him. Pure likeable charisma, and a good choice.

Last edited:
i played cyberpunk near release. it was fun and i enjoyed my playthrough. i keep meaning to replay it now that it is fixed. When i got it there were so many bugs that the immersion was constantly being ruined. i say that as a person who can get absorbed and "believe" any dumb ass movie plot on the face of this earth lmao, but these bugs made the world feel very artificial.

i revisited dragon warrior 3 recently, i played it when i was a kid. i must have been using a guide cause this game is obtuse af