Ultimate gaming thread!

Fallout 3 hasn't arrived yet, but I just started playing DEAD SPACE while waiting for F3...god damn, it's a wonderful game! Finally a scary game that is a bit smart in the way it scares you.

just played the "mirrors edge" demo.

Holy shit that game is a blast, if you've ever played assassin's creed(great game) and enjoyed the aspect of running around bouncing off walls and shit, i HIGHLY suggest you check out mirrors edge.

You are a free runner whom to my understanding(wasnt really paying attention to teh story lol) help criminals or some shit(i dunno the cops were shootin at me though).

You run across rooftops and up walls, over barriers jump kick noobs in the face, and punch open doors, all at a fast speed.

The coolest thing is its all in first person so you really feel as though you are haulin ass.

It's a really cool story actually! I think it's about a city (country?) that's been censored or controlled very strictly by the government that people can't really send messages to eachother, and therefore you deliver important messages to people (or something :rofl:)

Is there a bit more.. dunno how to call it.. "control" in mirror's edge? What annoyed the hell out of me with Assasin's Creed and the last Prince Of Persia episodes was the ease of use. It's just no fun if you can just run straight on and the character will more or less jump on his own, never really fall down or anything. Were's the fun it that?
Otherwise.. sounds really cool.

just played the "mirrors edge" demo.

Holy shit that game is a blast, if you've ever played assassin's creed(great game) and enjoyed the aspect of running around bouncing off walls and shit, i HIGHLY suggest you check out mirrors edge.

You are a free runner whom to my understanding(wasnt really paying attention to teh story lol) help criminals or some shit(i dunno the cops were shootin at me though).

You run across rooftops and up walls, over barriers jump kick noobs in the face, and punch open doors, all at a fast speed.

The coolest thing is its all in first person so you really feel as though you are haulin ass.

Yeah I downloaded the demo. It's really nice! I'm thinking about buying it when it's released.:)

^ It's on the 360 marketplace Gumtree.

Gears of War 2 comes out friday, got glowing reviews too. Trying to finish up Dead Space so I can use it for trade in. I loved the first one so if anyone's up for some co-op fragging add me to your friends list.

How is it scary? Scary in a creepy way? Or in a "in your face" way?

It varies. It's Doom 3 with a much more interesting story and approach. There's a lot of "in your face" but also creepy. The "in your face" approach has probably come to a new standard..if I may be so bold to say. There can be for a while a certain amount of "in your face", but suddenly you can walk around for quite a while and you suddenly become your own worst enemy along the way when the paranoia creeps up on you (a friend told me this, I'm of course not a wimp :D) I was also surprised by some sneaky ways to divert your attention so that monsters can sneak up on you. And yes, the lights may go out, but no monsters comes out..love that little detail. That's when you switch to the biggest gun you have and blow your own shadow to hell and back.

Mind you, I'm only at chapter 2 out of 12.
Saw the movie Dead Space today too...to those who don't know the first part of the story is a comic which can be seen at http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/23/dead-space-animated-comic-issue-1/ (1 out of 6)

Then there's the cartoon movie thing..on dvd etc..then the final part of the story...the game. The movie was rather bloody..but if you like the movie Aliens, then it's pretty much right up you alley. The animation is not always very good, but good enough if you ask me. I enjoyed it.

^ It's on the 360 marketplace Gumtree.

Gears of War 2 comes out friday, got glowing reviews too. Trying to finish up Dead Space so I can use it for trade in. I loved the first one so if anyone's up for some co-op fragging add me to your friends list.

gears 2 is solid, i got my copy 2 wks ago :p :p :p

modded 360's ftw. me and my friend blazed through the coop mode over at his house, great stuff

my friend did mine for me, he does em ALL the time, basically i guess if you know your shit it shouldnt be to hard at all.

Got the new World Of Warcraft expansion

fap fap fap

zomg i love wow

Dead Space still rocks

But how about Fallout 3. What do you guys think about it after having played it for a while?

The Mirror's Edge didnt kinda convince me, it was too hard for me :D

But Little Big Planet on the other hand is probably the best game this year, its so fucking awesome and entertaining.