PS3 or Wii?

fah-q

Brusque
Sep 7, 2005
New York
I know there are some gamers on here. I need some advice. I am trying to decide between buying the PS3 or the Wii. I prefer the PS3 because I primarily play sports games. I am considering the Wii because it seems like the rest of the family would enjoy it more. What do you folks have and what do you like/hate about them? Anyone know if the Madden game for Wii is any good? Thanks.

Are you saying the Wii is just a toy? I have a PS2 and I have always liked it. The kids seem to gravitate towards the Wii. I kinda figured if Madden was any good on Wii, I might just buy that.

I know there are some gamers on here. I need some advice. I am trying to decide between buying the PS3 or the Wii. I prefer the PS3 because I primarily play sports games. I am considering the Wii because it seems like the rest of the family would enjoy it more. What do you folks have and what do you like/hate about them? Anyone know if the Madden game for Wii is any good? Thanks.

I like both the PS3 and Wii. I own a Wii, have had one since launch day here in Aussie and i love it and still use it all the time.

it really comes down to what games you want to play? Do you want to play games being released on Wii or pretty much all of what the 360 has (which is mostly shooters) on PS3?

Of course your gonna get the better graphics and HD with PS3 but Wii is also good for sports games especially for the controls on Madden. Tiger Woods is ok but could be better and i love the tennis, bowling and baseball batting on Wiisports. So if your not fussed on having the best looking graphics over the gameplay go with the Wii. Thing i hate most about the Wii though is too many mini game compilations.

My brother has a PS3 and it looks pretty awesome on his Sony Bravia tv through HDMI. So if youve got a HD TV and want to play the games released on PS3 more then go with a PS3. But like i said it really depends on what games you want to play.

But i'll most likely be getting a PS3 next year for Resi 5 and new GTA and new Metal Gear.

What I was getting at was what do you prefer, a system that is about graphics and gameplay, or a system that you can wave your arms around in front of your tv.

Personally, if I had kids, I wouldn't want them swinging anything around in my living room.

When you're picking a console its not about sales(unless one totally bombs), its whats more fun to play.

My boyfriend and his room mate bought a Wii and it is so much fun to play. Wii Sports and Wii Play are so much fun, and Need For Speed Carbon is INSANE on the Wii compared to the PC. Metroid 3 looks like it plays well on the Wii, I havent played it personally but the control looks really good. It's a lot more easier to interact with other people on the Wii than on the other games because you have to have more coordination and teamwork than just a handheld controler does.

If I had the money, I would definatly buy a Wii.

PS3 is very amazing..and just had a price drop and a lot of brilliant games are coming out/have just came out. Assassins Creed, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ratchet and Clank, Haze. If you are a gamer like that definitely get PS3. If you just want to have fun once in a while..buy a Wii.

360 /thread. There are a few things about the PS3 that suck BIGTIME. Once you buy a game and play it in the ps3,it can no longer play on any other console. So no buying used games.....EVER. And the PS3 is not backward compatible. So you can't play any ps1 or ps2 games on it. And the game price??? WOW. Now, the Wii, I have owned. It was no doubt a blast when I first got it. But the novelty wore off quick. I had Madden, I HATED it on the Wii. Pain in the ass to play. Now if you've always got like 6 people over to play, maybe the Wii is for you. I bought a 360 elite and could'nt be happier. The titles are abundant, backward compatible,good online gameplay, and a better price than the PS3.
So thats just my 2 cents.

I have a PS3, a Wii and a 360. I can honestly say buying the PS3 would be a mistake. If you want a top end gaming machine you have to trust me and pick up the xbox. The PS3 has a LOT of flaws. Loading times are long. There are few games, the graphics are weak as most developers dumb down the backgrounds to help make up for the developing issues. Just check out some of the head to head comparisons on line. Overall, the PS3 interface doesn't compare to The Xbox. The Wii is also fun. RE4 and Metroid corruption are really cool!

I have a 40GB PS3 and it is very much backwards compatible. It looks unbelievable on my HDTV, the best graphics I've seen on any system. I work in the electronics department at Target and my 360 display has died twice in the last four months, red light flashing. Keep having to open new ones. Customers come in every day complaining theirs is doing the same thing. Very few problems with the PS3. Xbox is great but I wouldn't trust the reliability. Never played a Wii, I'm sure it's fun but I like more realistic games.

I stand corrected on the ps3's backward compatibility. I have had a problem with my 360 I will admit. BUT, Microsoft sent me a pre-paid box to ship it back to them and I had a brand new 360 in a week. All 360 have a 3 year warranty as well. Microsoft also gave me a month free of Xbox live for my hassles.

Wii ... easily. Especially with the new PS3 not being backward compatible.

Xbox 360 also is a better buy than the PS3.

My boyfriend and his room mate bought a Wii and it is so much fun to play. Wii Sports and Wii Play are so much fun, and Need For Speed Carbon is INSANE on the Wii compared to the PC. Metroid 3 looks like it plays well on the Wii, I havent played it personally but the control looks really good. It's a lot more easier to interact with other people on the Wii than on the other games because you have to have more coordination and teamwork than just a handheld controler does.

If I had the money, I would definatly buy a Wii.

Metroid Prime 3 is superb! but i didnt like NFS Carbon on Wii, controls sucked. Excite Truck is still the best driving game on Wii till something better comes along.

I have a PS3, a Wii and a 360. I can honestly say buying the PS3 would be a mistake. If you want a top end gaming machine you have to trust me and pick up the xbox. The PS3 has a LOT of flaws. Loading times are long. There are few games, the graphics are weak as most developers dumb down the backgrounds to help make up for the developing issues. Just check out some of the head to head comparisons on line. Overall, the PS3 interface doesn't compare to The Xbox. The Wii is also fun. RE4 and Metroid corruption are really cool!

Go look Dumbass, lots of new PS3 games coming out or have just come out. Read MetalThrashers post plus your gonna be glad you own one when new Metal Gear comes out next year.

Go look Dumbass, lots of new PS3 games coming out or have just come out. Read MetalThrashers post plus your gonna be glad you own one when new Metal Gear comes out next year.

I am glad to have it. Resistance is one of my fav next gen games, and yes I am a big Metal Gear fan. Also, Unchartered is going to be fun. I'm just saying that if you are only going to buy one, PS3 would not be a good choice. 360 is MUCH MUCH more player friendly.

I play Madden, alot. Anyone know how Madden is on the Wii? I am fond of the Playstation because I know the controls so well. I found the Xbox controls to be strange/unfamiliar. Are the Wii controllers any better for sports games like Madden?