Ultimate gaming thread!

Morrowind is awesome, but oblivion is awesomer.

IMO Morrowind had a much more interesting storyline than Oblivion, but Oblivion looked great and has more things you can do. I find it hard to choose a better one between them actually.

But yeah, I'll add to the waiting for GTA4 on PC and Fallout 3. And Diablo 3. woot!

I tend to agree... sitting at the computer hurts after awhile. Sometimes I am completely addicted to playing games but then I go months without playing at all. Though I only have PS2.

Any recommendations for games on PC? Last game I really liked on here was Hearts of Iron.

Will read about Morrowind now.

Morrowind is really an extremely great game, but I don't know if RPG is your genre. Some "casual gamers" get scared away by the big world and possibilities. That's just one big pro for me though.
I guess Morrowind in short has got a really, really great atmosphere (the way the world is built + the story backing things up is very epic and beautiful), a story to completely drown in and a pretty good and diverse gameplay.

I won't be able to like it like I did before, because of nostalgic value and because it's really outdated at the moment (graphics, gameplay, everything), but you might like it.
edit: In the case you want something more modern, Oblivion is a good alternative obviously ;)

Morrowind is awesome, but oblivion is awesomer.

and if you are uncomfy at the computer, you just have a good excuse to buy a better chair :)

Nah the thing is that I like the possibility to just lie down and chill out big time while playing games. You're just more flexible on the couch than you are behind the pc, so I dislike playing games behind the pc for long periods of time because of that.

Morrowind is really an extremely great game, but I don't know if RPG is your genre. Some "casual gamers" get scared away by the big world and possibilities. That's just one big pro for me though.
I guess Morrowind in short has got a really, really great atmosphere (the way the world is built + the story backing things up is very epic and beautiful), a story to completely drown in and a pretty good and diverse gameplay.

I won't be able to like it like I did before, because of nostalgic value and because it's really outdated at the moment (graphics, gameplay, everything), but you might like it.
edit: In the case you want something more modern, Oblivion is a good alternative obviously ;)

Thanks for the info. I rather like RPG. Games that make you think a bit are more fun to play. I will try to get either of these.. My housemate has got Morrowind I think that should be next.

Though I did enjoy playing Zombie Panic :oops: mostly just to kill my boyfriend cause it pissed him off. That kind of game I find fun when there are real people playing with you, shouting and swearing from all over the globe.

I spent many days gaming with my housemate over the holidays.. mostly playing Resident Evil in turns and when we went outside to the supermarket it almost felt like we should have guns. :heh:

Thanks for the info. I rather like RPG. Games that make you think a bit are more fun to play. I will try to get either of these.. My housemate has got Morrowind I think that should be next.

Yeah that's the best choice if you don't mind the graphics and maybe some more bugs. It's more challenging than Oblivion, because everything is far more level-based in the latter. Anyhoo, have fun ;P

Shit yeah, the second one was the best. That atmosphere...goddamn...

Just finished Manhunt 2...kind of disappointed, I loved the first one :(

I bought a Wii just for Manhunt 2, then found out it it was censored to hell. Sold the Wii. Such a dissapointment, loved the first Manhunt. And yeah, Silent Hill 1 and 2 were great. Since then the series has slowly been getting worse though.

It's a long shot because its a pretty niche genre, but is anyone here into racing simulators? You have to play with a wheel and pedal set up so not many people can get into it. Currently I've been playing iRacing, it's not even toted as a game, but a training tool for real life racers. There's some real pro drivers that race online too like Dale Earnhardt jr and such. If you can get into it, there really is no thrill videogames can give you like sim racing. After a 30 min race I'm actually sweating. You can check it out here:

http://iracing.com/

I bought a Wii just for Manhunt 2, then found out it it was censored to hell. Sold the Wii. Such a dissapointment, loved the first Manhunt. And yeah, Silent Hill 1 and 2 were great. Since then the series has slowly been getting worse though.

It's a long shot because its a pretty niche genre, but is anyone here into racing simulators? You have to play with a wheel and pedal set up so not many people can get into it. Currently I've been playing iRacing, it's not even toted as a game, but a training tool for real life racers. There's some real pro drivers that race online too like Dale Earnhardt jr and such. If you can get into it, there really is no thrill videogames can give you like sim racing. After a 30 min race I'm actually sweating. You can check it out here:

http://iracing.com/

Oh god... don't even get me started on Australian censorship, particularly for games. :yuk:o_O