The Gaming Thread

Same for me since Hearthstone just completely turned me away with its RNG.

Wanted to go back to it now for a while but I know it's no use. I could barely keep up playing daily. After a year break Ive got nothing, might as well start over, which sucks.

Even im not outraged because I know everything they do is for publicity now and this game looks like trash since the first trailer.

So its game about lesbian vandetta featuring stronk wemen

Yea, miss me with this literal gay shit. I knew the first game was just a lucky shot, considering their other games absolutely sucked.

At this point I might abandon western AAA games, because they all turn to trash eventually. I will still probably buy it when its discounted, but hype is nonexistent at this point. Way to ruin something good.

How the fuck shitty japanese browser game has better OST than most western productions

And by shitty I mean "Ships fighting each other, but ships are anime girls dressed like ships"

latest

just preordered red dead redemption 2 for PC.

got gta san andreas for preordering. its just as fun as i remember lol.

im excited, might buy a gtx 2070 super soon.

got modern warfare for free with 2070 super card.

its good, looks great. run like ass lol. crashing, buggy. fun though i guess. definitely the best call of duty ive played in a while. story is good, coop is hard and mp is frustrating af lol

And Im going to announce that I've found a good game in Wh40k universum:

Wh40k: Mechanicus

Turn based strategy, can't say too much about settings or lore, since I'm no wh40k universe expert which actually might be a good thing, because Im discovering the 2 races, Adaptus Mechanicus and Necrons via this game and it's interesting.
Mechanics are simple, atmosphere is good.

Now if only they made something like that for Nurgles, which are the race I actually know because of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (aka Age of Sigmar now). I'd love to see something about happy demons of rot and decay.

Miriam of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is my new temporary pixelated waifu. Too bad she wears shorts under her skirt. Still fappable. Oh yea the game is good too

And Im going to announce that I've found a good game in Wh40k universum:

Wh40k: Mechanicus

Turn based strategy, can't say too much about settings or lore, since I'm no wh40k universe expert which actually might be a good thing, because Im discovering the 2 races, Adaptus Mechanicus and Necrons via this game and it's interesting.
Mechanics are simple, atmosphere is good.

Now if only they made something like that for Nurgles, which are the race I actually know because of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (aka Age of Sigmar now). I'd love to see something about happy demons of rot and decay.

appreciate the recommendation. i love the story and the lore (had a boring job years ago so i read a lot of the wiki) and ive been looking for a good game. i bought one years ago that joakim also had iirc, it was pretty fun. my sister saw me playing it and said it looked like something a 14 year old would love. that cut deeper than i expected lol.

EDIT: if you want a similar game try xcomm 2 and the expansion. Its a great game that offers a lot of variety and many playthroughs. the expansion is one of the best expansions ive ever bought, literally adding more of every element in the game and adding tons of new things as well.

Reactions: Lifemocker
appreciate the recommendation. i love the story and the lore (had a boring job years ago so i read a lot of the wiki) and ive been looking for a good game. i bought one years ago that joakim also had iirc, it was pretty fun. my sister saw me playing it and said it looked like something a 14 year old would love. that cut deeper than i expected lol.

EDIT: if you want a similar game try xcomm 2 and the expansion. Its a great game that offers a lot of variety and many playthroughs. the expansion is one of the best expansions ive ever bought, literally adding more of every element in the game and adding tons of new things as well.

I enjoyed Xcom and Xcom 2, sometimes it was unfuriating when you literally had a gun barrel 1cm from the alien's face and you still missed, but I dont think you can make a good strategy game without at least some RNG.
I still need to buy the expansion for Xcom 2 though, maybe halloween / xmas sale would be a good time.

If you played the hardcore mode of Xcom (forgot how it's called, the one that doesnt let you load the game, death is permanent) I believe there is one for Mechanicus too.

Also I need to say that I played more of Mechanicus recently and some fights started to be annoying for me because of one enemy unit, that keeps teleporting after you hit it or it hits you, so when you have limited units and the map is bigger it's a real time waster. Othen than that I still enjoy it, so if you liked Xcom I think its safe to say youre gonna like Mechanicus.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, right? I enjoyed that for a time for sure. I also played Vermintide 2 quite recently, fun game.

I enjoyed Xcom and Xcom 2, sometimes it was unfuriating when you literally had a gun barrel 1cm from the alien's face and you still missed, but I dont think you can make a good strategy game without at least some RNG.
I still need to buy the expansion for Xcom 2 though, maybe halloween / xmas sale would be a good time.

If you played the hardcore mode of Xcom (forgot how it's called, the one that doesnt let you load the game, death is permanent) I believe there is one for Mechanicus too.

Also I need to say that I played more of Mechanicus recently and some fights started to be annoying for me because of one enemy unit, that keeps teleporting after you hit it or it hits you, so when you have limited units and the map is bigger it's a real time waster. Othen than that I still enjoy it, so if you liked Xcom I think its safe to say youre gonna like Mechanicus.

yeah i like iron man right up to the point i lose lol

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, right? I enjoyed that for a time for sure. I also played Vermintide 2 quite recently, fun game.

yeah thats the one. ive almost bought vermintide 2 a few times....almost