The gaming thread

Sadguru

In my dream...
Jan 11, 2004
Canada, Québec
I haven't seen a gaming thread in ages. Some gamers on RC? What game are you currently playing?

I recently bought Dragon Quest VIII...kinda cool! Very nice old school rpg with impressive visuals. Plot-wise, it's pretty simple and light-hearted. Anyway, I'm enjoying this so far...

What about you?

I don't have the time nor do I need to play to new games. I've been out of all this since N64/Dreamcast , continued on PC a year or two then totally stopped. I'm happy I did :)

i beat Ys VI a few weeks ago. :headbang:

started trying to play Castlevania: Lament of Buttcheeks, but i just can't get into a 3D Castleshittia. sucks.

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 these days on PC, the most tight and challenging soccer game ever, lots of games ending 0-0, I love it.

Otherwise nothing really, except online chess now and then. 3-4 years ago I started digging RTS à la Age of Empires, but today I can't summon enough motivation to even start a new campaign or try a new game... I bought Cossacks two years ago. It's still sealed.

sega:

Maximum Carnage, Comix Zone, MK3

ps2:

i just bought my first ps2 games and they were prince of persia, warrior within and some mk game. i played them for about half an hour each and haven't picked them up since.

i need more snes games.

AsModEe said:
playing WoW and Civ 4 right now...

Just out of curiosity , how much do you play WoW on a weekly basis approx.? And do you consider yourself a hardcore kind of player or just one among the crowd then?

meh, ive been renting from gameznfux. couple weeks ago, i played call of duty: finest hour like it was my job. currently i have area 51 and evil dead: regeneration. i find myself hard pressed to play either one of them. i've said this a million times but ill say it again: gaming just isnt that fun unless it's a sports game and you got like four other dudes to play against and you're all drinking. second to that would be a great first person war game. everything else is complete nerdiness.

playing Pokémon Ruby for the GBA. SO FUCKING GOOD and completely absorbing. They could keep releasing such excellent clones of the original ones and I'll keep playing through the hours and hours of repetitive walking, fighting, and completing objectives! Japanese people are so damn cool.

Sure . It has been imported from consoles to PC. Pretty nice game , soccer fans' favorite.

Froze my WoW account for a couple months to get some debts paid off, will probably reactivate in February if school doesn't rape me too hard. I found all my old games downstairs, Warcraft II and Myth: The Fallen Lords and Heroes of Might & Magic III and all that shit, and I was psyched. Then I realized my CD drive was broken and won't eject my copy of Tombstone. So I'm fucked gaming-wise.