Gaming Thread

As someone who has a much more cynical outlook regarding game releases anymore, due to all of the letdowns of the last decade, I usually don't let myself get too hyped about something I'm looking forward to. I can't help it in this case though. Ever since I saw the reveal for Horizon two years ago, I've been geeking out. Namely, because the enemies you fight have the most fucking amazing design ever; Zoids! The combat too doesn't look like it will suck like the majority of pretty much everything not Dragon's Dogma and Souls. Despite the new PS4 not having a UHD drive, I was planning on getting one anyway for this game.

Currently playing the rebooted Homefront: The Revolution, and while it's a Far Cry clone, it's done pretty well. It doesn't tread any new ground but it's on sale on Steam for 23 euros. I forgot about it because of all the shitty reviews after launch due to bad optimization and such, but they've fixed everything and it runs great. It's like Far Cry 3 meets Resistance 3 on PS3.

Lots of threes there.

Shows how sparse the PC space is right now if I just got a GTX 1080, played one game that could take advantage of it, and have been spending the time since replaying Divinity:OS and Wasteland 2: DC.
I still have Rise of the Tomb Raider to finish though, but after that I don't believe there's anything multiplat that I want to play until March when Mass Effect arrives. Up until then, it's just more Kickstarter/indie games.

I knew it.
Youtube comment: "This game totally works. It works just like an average black man" :D

Finished Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc just now. It was so good I couldn't put it down, and this is coming from someone who loathes visual novels. It's got this really weird mix of horror and humour, and it features much better whodunnits than you'd find in most detective shows on TV.

Shows how sparse the PC space is right now if I just got a GTX 1080, played one game that could take advantage of it, and have been spending the time since replaying Divinity:OS and Wasteland 2: DC.
I still have Rise of the Tomb Raider to finish though, but after that I don't believe there's anything multiplat that I want to play until March when Mass Effect arrives. Up until then, it's just more Kickstarter/indie games.

Obsidian is making a new game in the spirit of Pillars of Eternity. It's called yiranny, and looks pretty good, check the videos on youtube.

Obsidian is making a new game in the spirit of Pillars of Eternity. It's called yiranny, and looks pretty good, check the videos on youtube.

Yeah, I know. I said Kickstarter/Indie, which is what they fall under now. Tyranny and Divinity: OS 2 are two of the few games I'm looking forward to until next year, which is odd considering how flush the Christmas season usually is. Might get FFXV, but I'm not sure yet. The most recent footage I've seen looks good, although it also looks particularly easy.

edit: I guess the last sentence in my previous post could have looked like "It's just Kickstarter/Indie garbage that I have no intention of playing" or something, but I just meant that that is pretty much all that I have to look forward to. That, and replaying older games that I never finished on emulators.

Last edited:
Speaking of Tyranny; this was just uploaded yesterday. Finally has a release date too. I was expecting late November or early December, but it's earlier than that.

need a new game.....wore out the witcher..... grim dawn is meh after the first play through, eso can suck my balls...

1895656.jpg

???

My girlfriend got a gtx 1080 for her birthday :rolleyes: , anyway if anyone wants/needs a msi 760 gtx in the lower 48 pm me and I'll mail it to you, it needs 1 fan replaced and it's like 18 dollars.

Make gaming great again!:rofl:

Did either of you get an EVGA? If so, you might want to check here in case you didn't already know. I guess I was fortunate enough to not have gotten one of their lemons, but I ended up ordering the thermal pads they were giving away to anyone with a 1080 anyway. I guess this only applies to those produced before November or something too, since the pads now come applied by default.

http://forums.evga.com/Update-11916...10701060-PWM-Temperature-Update-m2573491.aspx

You could do this already anyway with a custom profile with another popular app like Precision X or Afterburner, but not everyone uses those.

No, MSI or Nvidia proper cards for me only. My dual MSI's have been killer. The founders edition 1080 I bought for her is really sensitive to overclocking but other than doom she plays like bards tale and weird games that aren't taxing.

Currently playing RimWorld, and man, is it awesome. You won't like it if you're a twitch gamer, but it's a wonderful colony building sim. The dev has thought of so many things, so many ways colonists' traits and skills can interact, and it really gives everyone a unique personality. Example: at one point, two colonists decided to get married, so they held a wedding ceremony, and during the ceremony, my mute farmer girl with all the social graces of a chamber pot insulted my middle-aged jack-of-all-trades woman, and they started a chick-fight right there, during the wedding ceremony, ending with farmer girl punched the fuck out with bruises all over and both of them spending days in the sick bay. Glorious!

The bride had to take care of them both because she had the highest doctor skill, haha. That must have been fun.

Last edited: