So what be the next big trendy thing?

The next big thing is going to be 80's cheesy rock irony influence - ala the new Trivium song. That way, it plays into the tongue in cheek retro Indie fucks (wolfmother etc), the dumb fuck 13 yr old Kerrang kiddies and the dads who have just flicked onto MTV and need to get a music fix to "get with it".

Irony in music, particularly at the minute, makes me want to kill musicians.

Carcassian said:
The next big thing is going to be 80's cheesy rock irony influence - ala the new Trivium song. That way, it plays into the tongue in cheek retro Indie fucks (wolfmother etc), the dumb fuck 13 yr old Kerrang kiddies and the dads who have just flicked onto MTV and need to get a music fix to "get with it".

Irony in music, particularly at the minute, makes me want to kill musicians.

AMEN TO THAT!!

Im surprised the cock sucker singer can verbalise with his tongue so far in his cheek. He may not be an indie fuck, but all the hand wringing, abba-hair do, scarf wearing NME adoring fucks that follow them are. While they wear their pristine ironic Maiden shirts, natch.

Carcassian said:
Im surprised the cock sucker singer can verbalise with his tongue so far in his cheek. He may not be an indie fuck, but all the hand wringing, abba-hair do, scarf wearing NME adoring fucks that follow them are. While they wear their pristine ironic Maiden shirts, natch.

you may well be right i dont really know anything about them

Well from where I'm at people are talking about the next big thing being power metal, already there's quite a following, Dragonforce and Celador are really hitting it... It's wierd, there's been countless cheese assed superfast power bands before, why's everybody hitting on it now? Also scream shitfest metal like Avenged 7fold and Trivium are hitting the apex, dunno how long that crap's gonna last....

Hanger 18 said:
I hope Glam comes back!!!

The crap in your sig is not glam. That is hair metal. Funny, I am starting to not hate hair metal lately.

Hanger 18 said:
Sorry you're trying to tell me?! The music is Hair metal, but do you say 'Hey that guys Hair!' No it's Glam....Glamour?

David Bowie is "glam" mate. I don't know, I was in a big assed argument over this a while ago and was proven wrong, I had the same position, yeah hair metal is def not "glam." Have you heard the band Sweet, or T-Rex? Those are glam bands, it's like saying Emperor is rock and roll dude.

Imp! said:
David Bowie is "glam" mate. I don't know, but I was in a big assed argument over this a while ago, and yeah hair metal is def not "glam."

What? Im not talking about music. Poison is Hair metal, Bowie is Glam rock. But if you see someone looking like a member of motley crue you say they look Glam.

Well if you're speaking as a style of music, you want David Bowie, and Sweet to come back, not Poison and Ratt, that's if you're saying you want "glam" back. And why the fuck are we arguing this point? I think you're right though, Motley Crue shirts are showing up for some reason... I don't know why, maybe people think they look cool or something, I thought it the strangest thing when I saw some kids the other day with em... Wierd, I'll bet that's the new thing, before it was the '70s hippie shit and space stuff, now it's gonna be hair metal...

Imp! said:
Well if you're speaking as a style of music, you want David Bowie, and Sweet to come back, not Poison and Ratt, that's if you're saying you want "glam" back. And why the fuck are we arguing this point? I think you're right though, Motley Crue shirts are showing up for some reason... I don't know why, maybe people think they look cool or something, I thought it the strangest thing when I saw some kids the other day with em... Wierd, I'll bet that's the new thing, before it was the '70s hippie shit and space stuff, now it's gonna be hair metal...

I want Hair Metal back, but I just call it Glam because theyre dressed all glamarous. The Darkness tired to re-light hair metals fire, but theyre were just nobbers with one hit wonders.

So basically what I get from this forum and every other metal forum is that a trend is something you must stay away from at all cost, even if you like some of what is considered a trend.

Basically, I could give a rat's ass if something is trendy or not. If I like it, I like it. If I don't like it, then I don't.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
You're probably right about arena rock, but hair bands were very underground in 1978 - 1980.

I see where you're coming from, and you're probably right.