So what be the next big trendy thing?

Arch said:
dimmu_spiritual.jpg

:lol:

jesus christ big enough signature there bud? get rid of that bodom crap..

Meshuggah have done the samething for a decade. Does anyone even like them anymore ?. I have not heard any talk. Meshuggah is too metal as tool is to hard rock.

im betting some indie lovin emo kid gonna hear some power metal, folk, or black metal and make it trendy by adding the exact same things as the last trends were given: fashion, black ppl, and pop culture scientists.

MetalBooger said:
im betting some indie lovin emo kid gonna hear some power metal, folk, or black metal and make it trendy by adding the exact same things as the last trends were given: fashion, black ppl, and pop culture scientists.

please be a joke account

I really doubt power metal will be it. It doesn't have the coolness that it needs. The masses like thier metal to have very certain characteristics. Look at popular heavy music. Punk. Thrash. nu-metal. What it all has in common is what the next big thing will have. Well, everyone has to be able to connect with it, for one. Lyrical themes preteens and teens associate with. It has to be simple, so people can understand it. That rule has exceptions like tool, but in general, it has to be comprehensible at a low level. It has to be somewhat catchy. I must say, that among all of the ideas, country metal sounds the most feasible, although it is a stretch.

Yeah, power metal vocals are too queer sounding for the majority of the masses (which in this case, includes me). Sludge/post-rock is much more likely to be popularized.

The Greys said:
Meshuggah have done the samething for a decade. Does anyone even like them anymore ?. I have not heard any talk. Meshuggah is too metal as tool is to hard rock.
I was refering to the fact that Meshuggah is as a word, Yiddish.