So what be the next big trendy thing?

Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
Heavy music, like it's parallel form of entertainment, pop music, has been plagued by trends. Consider:
1970's: Progressive and punk (the only time trendyness was cool IMHO)
1980's: Arena rock & Hair bands
1990's: Grunge and nu-metal
2000 - present: Metalcore, screamo, and anything else with a gay haircut and too much eyeliner
All of these musical trends had their roots in the underground, so what current undergound scene will be milked for all its worth on MTV in the next 5-10 years?

I have a feeling Power Metal will end up becoming trendy soon. Then you guys will start bitching about how horrible Power Metal is, and how only "mallcore" kids listen to it.

IWP said:
I have a feeling Power Metal will end up becoming trendy soon. Then you guys will start bitching about how horrible Power Metal is, and how only "mallcore" kids listen to it.

I wouldn't mind terribly if this trend got people to open their minds to metal, but like always, the worst of the bunch would more than likely float to the top and leave the true greats in their dust. It's just the way of the world. :cry:

unknown said:
we already bitch about how horrible power metal is...

well...some of it

You guys will hate it even more once it hits the mainstream, though I won't. I'll still like it. :headbang:

5513.jpg

whatever type of music teeny boppers are be able to play after about a year of practice.
my guess is a new take on punk...

i think dragonforce have come too early to be considered for the next trend, after one trend dies theres always an adjustment period while record labels search for the next big thing, and with dragonforce already being pretty well-known they'll have been around for too long (and thus be too associated with old trends - bear in mind a lot of pop-metalcore kids like dragonforce)) by then

I think something to do with being homosexual, poofter pop or lesbian lounge music, gays are storming the world, they are the next big thing... (in ur ass).

Another type of rock wil prob make a big explosion again, except people will label it metal :erk: