Concerning the whole Zeppelin thing...

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

I'm basically a huge doubter as to the possibility of a tour following the reunion show, but the rumors are kind of starting to feel a bit real. There's an article in the new Rolling Stone magazine, where suddenly Robert Plant (the holdout for all these years) is sounding very much like he's up for a tour. Couple that in with the fact that they are heavily rumored to be headlining Bonnaroo this year...and I'm starting to think this is gonna happen.

Anyway, below is a nice little note about Plant wanting to recreate the Albert Hall show on the DVD. Sounds like they went another direction, but I must say, a BITCHIN' idea. That is an amazing Zep performance.

We'll see, but something tells me we'll be fighting for Zep tickets next year.

ROBERT PLANT Wanted To Recreate Classic 1970 LED ZEPPELIN Concert For Upcoming Reunion - Dec. 7, 2007
According to The Pulse of Radio, Robert Plant says that he had originally wanted LED ZEPPELIN's upcoming reunion show to be a song-for-song copy of their legendary January 9, 1970 set at London's Royal Albert Hall. Plant told Rolling Stone, "I had an idea initially that we should do our entire Royal Albert Hall set starting with 'We're Gonna Groove'... Just do that! I was there at the Albert Hall, but I don't know what the fuck happened. I was flying in the middle of that great storm."

LED ZEPPELIN's performance from January 9, 1970 was featured in its entirety on the band's 2002 DVD collection "How The West Was Won".

The songs performed that night were "We're Gonna Groove", "I Can't Quit You Baby", "White Summer", "Black Mountain Side", "How Many More Times", "Whole Lotta Love", "C'mon Everybody", "Communication Breakdown", "Long Tall Sally", "Something Else", and "Bring It On Home".

Continuing to fuel speculation, Jimmy Page told Britain's Q magazine that he wants the ZEPPELIN reunion to continue beyond next week's London show, and is even willing to consider using the new music he's been stockpiling as the basis for new a ZEPPELIN album. "I would like to keep this moving," he said. "I've got things I've been working on for the past four years that I'm proud of. Some of the songs I've got ready are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career."

LED ZEPPELIN's December 10 show at London's O2 Arena marks the band's first full concert since their final show with their late drummer John Bonham on July 7, 1980 in Berlin.

this is a bad idea. plant sounds like crap

So does Geoff Tate yet he still releases albums?!:heh:
I agree a band of that calibur should not taint their legacy by delivering a subpar tour, if they want to go out on top do the one reunion show and call it good. I can see the tour being plauged by illness, cancelations, fatigue and vocal problems... Didn't Page break a fucking finger making a sandwich or something like that?!:lol::lol::lol:

If a tour does happen, I'm sure it will be sparse (2-3 dates/week) to conserve Plant's voice, and highly expensive to attend. But this is one of the greatest bands in rock history and Plant can rest up between verses while Page and company go into their extended jam sessions.

I can see this happening. It won't be Zeppelin circa 1972, but it could still very well be an entertaining concert.

I agree a band of that calibur should not taint their legacy by delivering a subpar tour, if they want to go out on top do the one reunion show and call it good.
True but i would still go see them regardless of ticket price much like i did with Van Halen recently... because to me it's a once in a lifetime thing. I saw Page back in 1988 during his Outrider tour and that was great but I would like to see the whole band together in concert as well.

I can see the tour being plauged by illness, cancelations, fatigue and vocal problems...
I don't think that would happen. Remember this isn't Guns n Roses... I mean the Axl Rose solo band :lol:

Didn't Page break a fucking finger making a sandwich or something like that?!:lol::lol::lol:
Page broke a finger and/or his hand back in the 70's not recently... it was highly publicized when he did... I think it was a subway door though I don't remember...

I saw the Outrider show as well.

I am a fan so bare this in mind while I say:

Let me put it this way. Outrider was 19 years ago and Page was 42 or 43 then. Now he's 63 and has been struggling with arthritis for decades not to mention that he has never been a dexterity master. Robert Plant blew his voice out back in the 70's and was told he might not sing again. Well he recovered and did sing but not like the Plant that we once knew and loved. Now he's 59 years old.

I wouldnt expect to see the old magic taking place. If they can do it I say more power to them, I just hope they are sure of themselves.

Jimmy even recently stated he's up to record a new album which I thought was shocking, I figured Zeppelin was gone for good. They might do a little tour next year, they said they can only play for 2 hours max now because of age factor. For the live show Page said he wanted to play the guitar solos like they are on the records, just to prove he can still do it.

I agree a band of that calibur should not taint their legacy by delivering a subpar tour, if they want to go out on top do the one reunion show and call it good. I can see the tour being plauged by illness, cancelations, fatigue and vocal problems... Didn't Page break a fucking finger making a sandwich or something like that?!:lol::lol::lol:

but geoff tate doesn't sound as bad as plant and probably never will unless he tries to sing when hes 70

but geoff tate doesn't sound as bad as plant and probably never will unless he tries to sing when hes 70
yea he just lost his youthful voice. I went to see Mindcrime last winter and he actually sang well that night, I hear alot of bad reports but saw none of that then. He even did a good job on Take Hold of the Flame, just didnt sound like a young man anymore. He's 49 now, shit happens, the voice box changes. Plant lost his edge when he was in his late 20's but considering what he put his voice through in the early years its not surprising. Jon Oliva is another screamer that did damage.

yea he just lost his youthful voice. I went to see Mindcrime last winter and he actually sang well that night, I hear alot of bad reports but saw none of that then. He even did a good job on Take Hold of the Flame, just didnt sound like a young man anymore. He's 49 now, shit happens, the voice box changes. Plant lost his edge when he was in his late 20's but considering what he put his voice through in the early years its not surprising. Jon Oliva is another screamer that did damage.

exactly. there are songs plant hasn't sounded good on for almost 30 years now. tate just sounds older

Some footage of Black Dog...it sounds great; I'm pleasantly surprised.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/79354

No mistaken the sound of his voice, thats a good sign. He did good pulling his notes off before he hurt himself. I remember when I could sing along to their old stuff, now my voice wont even come out way up there...:lol: and I can feel pain. Not sure about recently but I remember when watching "The Song Remains the Same" that Plant was a smoker, I was surprised, but then I reflected that maybe that had a bit to do with the hit and miss performances on that film.

Well this is cool, them getting back up on stage together. Is that Jones I really couldnt tell ? Jimmy Page with white hair, whodathunk it ?

Let's hope for a tour, or at best a DVD. Hopefully tickets aren't skyrocketed in price.

I ain't paying no two-fitty for a concert ticket!

I can almost guarantee that if Halen was getting $150 for the better seats, you can rest assured any potential Zep tickets would probably START at $250...

I wanted to see Paul McCartney on his last go around, but tix for that started at $250, IIRC.....

Like hell he doesn't! Their latest covers release is HORRIBLE!
Some of those songs were just butchered!
(All of this is, of course, SMHFO!)

i think tate sounds good on the covers album.
go to youtube as listen to tate sing take hold of the flame this year

Has everyone forgotten that Page & Plant did a full tour in 1998... which was a few years ago, but I doubt that they've "deteriorated" too much since 1998. I'm surprised that this reunion is getting some much more hype then the previous Page/Plant efforts... since it's pretty much the same damn thing (no offense to JPJ).