What will be the next big thing in metal?

Was it really much different "back in the days"?

Most bands I can think of always had one or two "masterminds" and the rest was more or less replaceable. Of course there are exceptions, but these exceptions are still out there.

Well, there is the other end too, if we take Korn as an example... They were a great group as a whole, but when Head (and David) left the band, I just think the band just started to suck big time musically.

I think the same thing was said in the sex industry... what's the next extreme?!? Oh yeah, then came beastiality ... "oooh i have an idea... let's go fuck a horse!"

Maybe that'll be the next step in metal. Barnyard animal vocals over br00tal power chords strummed with a chicken beak or a horse cock. :loco:

I think the same thing was said in the sex industry... what's the next extreme?!? Oh yeah, then came beastiality ... "oooh i have an idea... let's go fuck a horse!"

Maybe that'll be the next step in metal. Barnyard animal vocals over br00tal power chords strummed with a chicken beak or a horse cock. :loco:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM&feature=related[/ame]

That guy might be a stupid prick, but tbh, i also think that the organic sound will be the next big step for metal.. of course there will always be trends, but the next REAL big thing will probably be the organic sound.

actually i agree with you too. bands are gonna have more natural sounding drums, and mixes, but still be the same bands

pretty much what i've heard from touring bands is that bands like white chapel and all the really melodic style deathcore stuff is gonna be fucking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

ever heard a metal band with a saxophone player?

check out the sax solo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Or more Trumpet

The whole "The Painter's Palette" album was my jam for a hell of a long time. Kind of wish they would go back to that setting a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the 90s girlbands and boybands did die, didn't they? I blame Dr. Dre, Timbaland and The Neptunes... But the reason that hiphop didn't die is also because its in the end pretty similiar to metal, its more of a lifestyle than "just a style of music", but it just attracts different kinda people. Say what you want, but metal scene is pretty much sausagefest compared to hiphop scene. I think main reason is that rap/rnb is pretty danceable and girls like to dance, thats why rap hasn't died. edit: And not to racist or anything, but metal pretty much is white mans music, when rap is black mans music

And rap evolves too: Compare NWA to 90s Dre to any current hiphop/rap. None of them sound similiar to eachother.

PS: The text was written more with tongue on the cheek, but I think you got the point...

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with what you're saying here with how the metal scene is white mans music. But in my opinion as much as I hate how mainstream Rap and Hip-Hop are, I like the fact that we are not as popular anymore. I've always hated trends, and I've always digged having my own unique style compared to the millions of blonde barbie dolls who all look the friggen same.

Just recently I had one of my girlfriends; who is into the all that ganster shit, come up to me and tell me how much she loved that I looked different from all the rest. Definitely took it as a compliment, seeing as someone took the time to actually notice I don't give a shit about designer brands and looking like a Jersey Shore wannabe everyday :lol:

guess you've never heard of aphex twin :heh:

I had high hopes for IDM, as it was largely undefined (many don't even like the umbrella term to begin with) and had a lot of overlap appeal into other areas but now everyone thinks fucking dubstep :yuk: is the bees knees for whatever reason, so yeah... not gonna happen.

But the 90s girlbands and boybands did die, didn't they? I blame Dr. Dre, Timbaland and The Neptunes... But the reason that hiphop didn't die is also because its in the end pretty similiar to metal, its more of a lifestyle than "just a style of music", but it just attracts different kinda people. Say what you want, but metal scene is pretty much sausagefest compared to hiphop scene. I think main reason is that rap/rnb is pretty danceable and girls like to dance, thats why rap hasn't died. edit: And not to racist or anything, but metal pretty much is white mans music, when rap is black mans music

And rap evolves too: Compare NWA to 90s Dre to any current hiphop/rap. None of them sound similiar to eachother.

PS: The text was written more with tongue on the cheek, but I think you got the point...

:rolleyes: Wow... broad sweeping statement much, about a number of things (hip hop / metal / women / races). As a fan of all the aforementioned, I'd say that your attitude and those who subscribe to it is PRECISELY why stereotypes persist and metal struggles to gain general acceptance.

Metal, for one, is extraordinarily multinational, and therefore multicultural. From India to Brazil to freaking Iraq for Christ sakes. Hip hop is to, to a similar extent. NOT all hip hop is designed to simply to be danceable / all-sounds-the-same, just like not all metal is intended to sound like like Avenged Sevenfold shit on the radio... not to mention there are plenty of non-black hip hop artists out there killing it. I'd even wager that a good chunk of the ones are in fact, white :cool: (EL-P, Cage, Aesop Rock, Brother Ali, Sage Francis, Slug... just off the top of my head). Problem is most regular metal fans know fuckall about hip hop, as most regular hip hop fans know fuckall about metal... and hip hop, for that matter.