So, the lifespan of the "sturgiscore"?

I've loved breakdowns since i heard linkin parks one step closer. There's only a few solo's ive enjoyed. (sum 41 - the hell song, disturbed - stricken an my favourite i killed the prom queen - sharks in your mouth to name a few)

So i hope that atleast the breakdowns stick with us

Eh we still have solos in metalcore though. As I lay dying and (new) August Burns Red are keepin em alive to name a few

And I dont really understand what "post hardcore" means /: but I guess I just feel like the punkpop style singing is going to come back but keep a little screaming, riffing, breakdowns etc in here and there

If THAT'S post hardcore, then I think that's gonna last longer than the rest
I also think electronicore is already on the way out.. Good riddance.

I've always thought post-hardcore is just kinda poppier version of hardcore. Like the kind version of hardcore. Too often it means the same guitar sound, same sounding clean singer. I find it hard to find original and good post hardcore bands to my taste.

In my mind post-hardcore= pop/punk/rock/hardcore

I must be close.

Eh we still have solos in metalcore though.

Yup, I was referring to numetal having no guitar solos.

I've loved breakdowns since i heard linkin parks one step closer

I had to listen to the song because I was 100% sure that it doesn't have a breakdown. If you mean the part that comes at 1:40 (edit: 1:58 in the video), I would say it's more like the C-part of the song than a breakdown in the traditional modern metal sense as it doesn't slow down the tempo and has a melodic pattern on the riff that's recycled from the intro riff and stuff like that, but yeah, technically it is a breakdown.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmUTBDuUGz8&ob=av3e[/ame]

And I dont really understand what "post hardcore" means

There is several post-hardcore genres; 1980's post-harcore is different from 1990's, which is very different from the 2000's post-hardcore.

If you think everything between At The Drive-In, Hawthorne Heights, Pierce The Veil and Etienne Sin, you pretty much have the 2000's post-hardcore sound. Basically screamo vocals on punk/rock/hardcore/metal-combo, but that is really dumbing it down.

PS: Most people know the 1980's post-harcore legend Steve Albini, he was the guitarist in Big Black, but more as an engineer (he has worked with bands like Nirvana, Helmet, Chevelle, The Stooges, Mogwai, Pixies, PJ Harvey, Manic Street Preachers, Zao, Neurosis and many others...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think breakdowns have to be slower or anything. And if i remember correctly that part is considered a breakdown even in linkin parks official tab book.

A c part would be more like in numb or papercur etc.

I might be wrong but i strongly believe the part in one step closer is a breakdown.

And then there is a part in from the inside that fills the criteria of a breakdown in metalcore. Also souns like the terminator theme

And if i remember correctly that part is considered a breakdown even in linkin parks official tab book.

Nope, it says it's a bridge. I checked. Which means I was right :fu:

LinkinPark.png

I think it is easier for there to be a total influx of soundalike bands thanks to how quick it is to replicate a sound. Local bands can gain 5k fans and give the illusion of being pretty big, but they're doing nothing original. Take that bleddy awful "The Browning" for instance.
Bands that do have originality (Architects, Bring Me) tend to be talented as musicians and generally move on from one specific sound, leaving behind less talented bands to be in that oversaturated pool of breakdowns and tremolo picking.

I dont think that bands like this are dying out any time soon. I honestly believe that big sweaty bearded metal men are no longer considered marketable. It's like the disney effect...the labels want their target audience to be able to identify and relate with these bands. That's why they just keep getting younger and younger. Of course, the secret formula to all this is to market them as christian. You have no idea how influential the midwest bible belt is. There's a shit ton of people on the east and west coast but there's a lot fucking more cumulatively all throughout the rest of the US.

So kids who are growing up christian can still feel like they're being godly without listening to their mommy and daddys lame country music.

It'll go through little changes here and there but when somethings selling, the labels are gonna keep putting it out.

DaveBlack said:
I dont think that bands like this are dying out any time soon. I honestly believe that big sweaty bearded metal men are no longer considered marketable. It's like the disney effect...the labels want their target audience to be able to identify and relate with these bands. That's why they just keep getting younger and younger. Of course, the secret formula to all this is to market them as christian. You have no idea how influential the midwest bible belt is. There's a shit ton of people on the east and west coast but there's a lot fucking more cumulatively all throughout the rest of the US.

So kids who are growing up christian can still feel like they're being godly without listening to their mommy and daddys lame country music.

It'll go through little changes here and there but when somethings selling, the labels are gonna keep putting it out.

As a Christian, this drives me insane. "Christian hardcore" isn't a genre. -.- (rant over) I totally agree with what you're saying. And it's gotten where there's hardly an in-between. Bands are either like Tdwp (Christian) or AA and Bring me (tattoos of Jesus with devil horns) and the ever dwindling straight edge community.

Anyways I'm totally off topic
But this is the same reason Justin Beiber and the Jonas bros. get those no-sex ring things. Business baby.