from numetal to poppunk

C-Taylor

Conscious Insanity
Mar 28, 2003
www.stonesourroe.tk
Hmm.. Am I the only one to notice now that numetal is sorta dead, and now pop punk is striking up?

I watched Kerrang yesterday for about an hour, to see like 5 poppunk bands play right after each other, followed by Linkin Park, and then Avril about 3 times within that hour.... Remembe kids, life is lout :rolleyes:

Anyway, By poppunk I mean, stupid instrument playing, high pitched annoying vocals and all that... Some bands that came on was Bowling for Soup, Good Charrolte(however the fuck its spelt), Avril, all american rejects, sum41, all sorts of that shite..
Anyway, Am I the only one to notice that numetal is dead where most artists have wised up and gotten mroe serious with their playing, and poppunk's rise to fame is getting bigger?

On a wierder note, Satyricon where on after it ;)

Pop-punk is a more pathetic kinda of music, but at least it's a distinct and seperate genre from...uh...'true' metal...whereas nu-metal blurred that line from the point of view of the mainstream, often to the intense distaste of many. =)

At least pop punk isn't fake in many ways. I mean, the genre knows what it is; it's about happy teen/semi-angsty energy and that's pretty much what they all play....so there's less confusion.

agreed though, pop-punk is a pretty unexciting and (to me) downright annoying kind of music.

Pop-Punk is MUCH worse than Nu-Metal. Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying, I really cant STAND it. And their little followers all saying they're TR00 PUNK-RAWKERS just drives me INSANE. I mean Nu-Metal is pretty bad but I dont mind a couple of bands. Pop-Punk is just impossibly gay.

I guess this is where I differ from all you angry, misunderstood teenagers.Although I don't like either form of music, I certainly prefer pop-punk to nu-metal."Why?" you maybe wondering.
Well, if the music is going to be bad anyway, I'd rather listen to energetic songs about the frailty of being in love, than some loser in make-up crying about the time uncle Eddie stuck a sandwich in his ass.

i hate nu-metal, but yes, pop-punk is much worse. Especially when you live in pop-punk central(so. cal.). Nu-metal may be dying, but pop-punk is as strong as ever, maybe more so.....

SculptedCold said:
At least pop punk isn't fake in many ways. I mean, the genre knows what it is; it's about happy teen/semi-angsty energy and that's pretty much what they all play....so there's less confusion.

I used to listen a lot of punk music before, and pop punk was exactly the same thing to me as nu metal is to many people here. I hated it and I was really angry when I told people I was listening to punk music and they were like "yeah simple plan, good charlotte and that kind of things..."

Pop punk is like nu metal, its there only for commercial appeal. They are both fake imo.

LordFireworm said:
I guess this is where I differ from all you angry, misunderstood teenagers.Although I don't like either form of music, I certainly prefer pop-punk to nu-metal."Why?" you maybe wondering.
Well, if the music is going to be bad anyway, I'd rather listen to energetic songs about the frailty of being in love, than some loser in make-up crying about the time uncle Eddie stuck a sandwich in his ass.

That was brilliant!!! I totally agree with you on this.
What is with a few of the nu metal vocalists trying to sound like Layne Staley (Alice in Chains)? That bugs me.

nu-metal is the same as pop punk if you look at it the right way.

-both nu-metal and pop punk guitars are basically the same (everything is played on the 5th and 6th string and then there's usually a sad attempt at a solo)

-nu-metal and pop punk lyrics are the same as well (usually a fake attempt at angst)

-oftentimes fans of both genres think that their respective genre is "like sooooo effing hardcore" or something.

that was a broad and stereotypical generalization, but i think it has some merit.

some punk fan talked trash on me and maiden so I beat his ass and beat all his friends asses by myself. I mean for crying out loud the one guy was wear panty house.