from numetal to poppunk

a7r0phy said:
nu-metal is the same as pop punk if you look at it the right way.

-both nu-metal and pop punk guitars are basically the same (everything is played on the 5th and 6th string and then there's usually a sad attempt at a solo)

-nu-metal and pop punk lyrics are the same as well (usually a fake attempt at angst)

-oftentimes fans of both genres think that their respective genre is "like sooooo effing hardcore" or something.

that was a broad and stereotypical generalization, but i think it has some merit.

Very good point, they both suck the same amount of ass, and if you ask me, I will tell you that these feltchers are all the same band, I mean really, when was the last time you heard an original thought from all of these TR00 PUNK RAWKERS, who ever posted that is damn funny, TR00 PUNK RAWKERS, :D has anyone heard Avril's katest? It steals all of it's melodies from Tori Amos, who incidentally had an original thought. DRINK!

I hate how people who like rap like poppunk... my sister likes good charlotte and bowling for soup.. she thinks shes the shit cuz her music is so heavy..... id rather listen to nu-metal... cuz every once in a while they play a sorta good song... damn both genres