The Official Gaming Thread

Sure. Too bad they are going a little too far concept-wise ; or at least they could remain a little more game-based to present their new stuff.IMO.

Yeah it's cool . Sells more than ok . PSP is going to take the $$ though :confused:

Erik said:
I heard that raw computing power matters very very very little in consoles. That is true.
I don't fucking care about that, I just want to know if it's true. What matters in consoles are the games, period.

Erik said:
I heard that raw computing power matters very very very little in consoles. That is true.

Consoles are entirely based upon their RAM (to cache data off the CD) and video processing capabilities(to make them look purdy). Very few console games require much in the way of raw processing power.

Thanatopsis123 said:
It's hard to say for sure but it looks like the PS3 will have but a slight edge in power over the 360.
ok, thx for the info. I don't know why, but T.V. shows specialized in games only talk about the ps3 and how powerful it is compared to the xbox360

Erik said:
Well, there is no easy answer. If someone says "machine X (which is entirely architecturally different to machine Y) is 100 times faster than machine Y!" it's marketing drivel and lies. These things cannot be measured.
yes, that is true.

i remember the day i stopped trying to figure out what specs meant what in console systems. it was when i found a gameboy emulator on the internet and it required a pentium iii computer, which i didn't have at the time.

all i care about is where the good rpgs go.

One Inch Man said:
all i care about is where the good rpgs go.

Sony. Even though Microsoft has been trying its hardest to get some high profile RPGs, they aren't doing so well. I think they got one of the original creators of the FF series to start on some 360 game but that's about it.

Erik said:
Christ everything is one big unholy alliance right now

If someone told me at the height of my video game interest (1995-ish) that Square and Enix would merge and that Sega would release Sonic games for Nintendo consoles I'd LMAO and tell you to GTFO
hahahahaha so true.

i'm still playing psx (i don't like ps1 it's psx god dammit!!!) rpgs and thinking of myself as "new school" so odds are i won't be getting one of these newfangled systems for years anyhow. my ps2 is primarily used for a dvd player.

Erik said:
exactly. i've just now started considering getting a N64.
I don't think you should. I got the nin 64 when it was released, and I only bought 5 games, thinking the rest wasn't worth my money. It was innovative and cool, but it lacked in the game department.

Erik said:
NOT SO FAST THANATOPSIS SquareEnix has said it will develop games for the Revolution as well!

I don't really count Nintendo anymore, they're a novelty. Even though they tried to attract adults by getting stuff like the Resident Evil series, they're primarily for children.