The Official Gaming Thread

E-bortion

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Dec 23, 2004
Eh, any of you people gamers? Seems like you were all there at a point in time, but as of late? I'm a huge Street Fighter buff as most of you probably know by now and I need a thread like this to wank to. So, if one wants to talk about gaming well (particularly classy games, no GTA dur dur console fag-shit, rpgs at best) this is the fucking thread to do it in.

i've never been big big into video games, but they've always been toward the back of the list of my hobbies. been playing castlevania: symphony of the night and the psx final fantasy i remake lately, and by lately i mean 2 weeks ago.

xenogears = final fantasy vi = ys book i & ii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else

NHL 2006 and Dark Age of Camelot are the two main games I play.

I play Dawn of War once in a while for a break and when I want to FPS it up I've got chronicles of riddick right now, it's pretty crappy but it's something.

687f.jpg

so is xenogears any good? I've been meaning to go for it for ages but it's so hard to get here in Europe that my procrastination has held to this day. Plus I don't own a PS anymore, so WTF now...

Anyway, I've never been what you'd call a gamer. A handful of games now and again have managed to crack my attention code so that I cared enough to actually finish them, such as was the case for FFVI (best game ever, why the hell did no one manage to make a RPG only half as good in all the years afters?!?).
Strangely enough I pretty much lost interest in video games as soon as the systems rose above 16bits. When I play nowadays it's either silly soccer games tournaments involving friends and loads of alcohol - or classics for the sake of nostalgy, but then again very sporadically, like the other month I downloaded Super Mario World and was absolutely unable to go past the 5th level... Fuckin' oldage :tickled:

like the other month I downloaded Super Mario World and was absolutely unable to go past the 5th level...
LOL

i could practically finish that game blindfolded

when i was 10 or so i used to brag about being able to finish the first level blindfolded at least, and i really could

Ellestin said:
so is xenogears any good?
YES.

i went through it a second time about a year ago and it remained just as thrilling, if not moreso. it's more of an experience than a game at times, like most of the second disc is watching one long cutscene and periodically fighting a boss. some people don't like that, but i thought it was brilliant.

someday i'll finish xenosaga, but that fucker gets insanely hard at times. frustrating game = gay.

One Inch Man said:
being frustrated by a game = gay.

There we agree.

Nah, you're right though. Some games are just way beyond a well-balanced increase in difficulty, that really made me throw the towel before I got frustrated. Many times. Like in one of the FF series on PS, don't remember which, the foes suddenly became like ten times mightier towards the end of the plot and I had to fuck around beating crap monsters for hours/days before I gathered enough XP to go onward without being slain at the first encounter. And it's not like my characters were weak before that...

I'll play Xenogear when I raid your place then, while you'll entertain me with some smooth bass lines in the background. :cool:

Yeah, I'm definately a gamer but I'm more picky than most. I tend to go for the best in each genre.

Has anyone seen the controller for the Nintento Revolution? I can't decide whether it'll be a good thing or not. It looks like a TV remote with very few buttons, a D-pad, 1 trigger underneath, and its movement can be picked up in 3d by a sensor (even tilting it).

Thanatopsis123 said:
Yeah, I'm definately a gamer but I'm more picky than most. I tend to go for the best in each genre.

Has anyone seen the controller for the Nintento Revolution? I can't decide whether it'll be a good thing or not. It looks like a TV remote with very few buttons, a D-pad, 1 trigger underneath, and its movement can be picked up in 3d by a sensor (even tilting it).
revcon_screen004.jpg

i hope and think that nintendo knows what it is doing. at least they try to innovate, instead of being Sony and releasing the same console three times over with incremented processor speed

Ellestin said:
so is xenogears any good? I've been meaning to go for it for ages but it's so hard to get here in Europe that my procrastination has held to this day. Plus I don't own a PS anymore, so WTF now...

My favorite game of all time. Buy it NOW.

I just don't see what kind of games will work well with that. Nintendo says they went in this direction just to be different so they didn't have to compete with Sony and Microsoft but then they turn around and just talk about how great this new setup with work with existing games like various RTS, FPS, or flight sims.

It might work okay or FPS but computer's mouse/keyboard will still be better I think. I don't see how it would help me play any RTS like Rome Total War or Warcraft III. As for flight sims...It might work well but who wants to play with their controller as it were a toy airplane?

That Nintendo thing looks incredibly gay and I can't see myself playing a game with a controller that ridiculous. I'll buy the next Sony system when the price on it is reasonable, but I don't know if I'll continue to buy product from Nintendo, though I'm not really up-to-date on all this business these days and what they're attempting to do.

Favorite games:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI (they all rule)
Kessen
Summoner
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Computer games:

Pharaoh, Zeus, etc. (City building)
Age of Empires II
Civil War Generals II
Knights of the Old Republic

I play a lot of WoW these days...... but tonight, after going to the cinema, I played Marvel vs Capcom on arcade. God, that's one of the best/craziest fighting game ever.

Yeah the Revolution seems too conceptual , but Sony is far gayer : let's not forget , as Erik pointed out that basically PS3=PS2=PS1 .

Who did the PS1? Nintendo.

That's a lie though. The PlayStation was originally supposed to be CD-ROM device for the SNES, DEVELOPED BY SONY, but the finished product has nothing to do with that other than the name.