The Official Gaming Thread

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
Seems to be enough gamers on this forum to warrant a gaming thread where anything gaming related goes.

Today Red Dead Revolver, Alan Wake, and Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands come out. So my schedule looks pretty jam packed.

P.S. Stay out of my thread Lyre!

Since I can't afford a console, or have any interest in gaming not connected to a mouse and keyboad, my indifference is bottomless.

Right now I'm running through Oblivion, even though my laptop now hates me for it.

Alan Wake looks good. Oblivion is cool too but never played it... I'm considering it.
Right now I'm playing Mass Effect 2 for the second time and taking some screenshots :p
Yeah, I REALLY love ME, my fave <3

I also play The Sims 2 sometimes and World of Warcraft but I get tired easily.

Ah, I love Mahjong Titans too :D

Oblivion here too.
currently doing battlemage with powerleveling (only level when stats increase +5 :D)
it is just so friggin good it hurts.

also Heroes of might and magic gets some spins every now and then, but honestly, i dont think they ever was as good as HoMM3 (elemental arsekicking!), which doesnt run on my win7 x64 computer :(

I generally hate most games today because of the online craze..
I cant play games 24/7, and i like to be able to save and continue a week or two later, without me getting killed while offline.
and for that matter, if i <tab> to change weapon/spell/armor/whatever, i prefer it when the enemies doesnt automagically kill you in the background
(see dungeons and dragons for examples of that phenomenon..)

Oh, and if you like oblivion, try fallout.
same engine, but set in the future.. it is really good.

Team Fortress 2
Bad Company 2
Company of Heroes

all i play currently.

last good single player experience i had was probably the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. just finished the third recently.

Gonna pick up red dead redemption and probably alan wake today(or i may have my friend who works at gamestop check out alan wake for me so i can try it). Havent really sat down with a game and played seriously since about February and that was Bioshock 2. Been playing a handful of street fighter 3rd strike, and super street fighter 4 here and there as of late as well.

also Heroes of might and magic gets some spins every now and then, but honestly, i dont think they ever was as good as HoMM3 (elemental arsekicking!), which doesnt run on my win7 x64 computer :(

homm3 is easily the best one, but i'm of the minority who likes the fourth instalment as well :) 5 was pretty boring mostly...

i agree about the online craze, although i like online games as well

i have a ps3, built a pretty good collection of that, got every nintendo system (snes is the best), getting a gamin PC tomarrow, already bought crysis and mass effect :D

currently playing:

ogre battle 64 (for the 15th time or something)
half life 2 (not sure how i feel about it)
resident evil 5 (with a friend, now and again)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (i am forever playing this)

only pc game I ever played was Gunbound.

have a PS3 and 360,the 360 collects dust nowadays aside from some random GOW2 Horde runs,Worms and Castle Crashers.

Borderlands and Battlefield BC2 have kept me pretty damned busy on the PS3 as of late.

Mordecai = :headbang:

homm3 is really the best part. I don't want to know how many hour I wasted with a friend playing hot seat. Probably more than playing Civ3.

I'm very ambivalent about Oblivion. They removed so many things that I liked in Morrowind but made everything else SO much better.. and its insane how much time you can spend in that game. I must have played 30h now and there's still more to do. That's a real game.

^ i dont play competitvely, mostly arcade and with friends :D, im super excited for MvC3 though

my main is:
wolverine (bone claw, love the reach, i find all my attacks with adamantium wolverine miss now:lol:)

Cable (hes just awesome)

and my last usually switches, most times i put in BB hood (i suck with her but i love the hyper), lately ive been using iron man and war machine, and rarely i use gamibit

im also a big guile fan, and hayato, ill switch those guys with wolverine

so in conclusion: wolverine (bone), Cable and iron man

I play a variety of games, ones that I play most often are:

COD4
Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction: I just got my Barbarian to level 92 online.
Fallout 3
GTA4
Left 4 Dead

I've also spent many hours of Oblivion, Morrowind, Borderlands, Bioshock 1&2, Far Cry 2, Crysis, Team Fortress 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and the Half Life series - Amongst many others.

Yeah, I like gaming :). I really want to get Just Cause 2 very soon.

^ive been debating getting just cause 2, it seems like mercenaries 2, which i loved a lot

just got a gaming PC today, any reccomendations from anyone?

i have crysis (in the mail), mass effect, getting left 4 dead next week, and i suppose the newest games i own otherwise are age of empires 3 and FEAR

i guess i mostly have been playing shooters lately, and things like borderlands/fallout 3, but i love RPGS (even JRPGS, and tactics games), really the only games i dont play are puzzle (bejewled, things like that), sports and racing :p

^ive been debating getting just cause 2, it seems like mercenaries 2, which i loved a lot

just got a gaming PC today, any reccomendations from anyone?

i have crysis (in the mail), mass effect, getting left 4 dead next week, and i suppose the newest games i own otherwise are age of empires 3 and FEAR

i guess i mostly have been playing shooters lately, and things like borderlands/fallout 3, but i love RPGS (even JRPGS, and tactics games), really the only games i dont play are puzzle (bejewled, things like that), sports and racing :p

if you enjoy fallout 3 and rpgs then do your self a favor and pick up S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

truly one of the best single player experiences i can remember.