Arcade Emulation

locutos

Cocaine Cowboy
Nov 5, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
Any Street Fighter or Fatal Fury fans here?

I just love these "old" 2D Beat 'Em Up games, like Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters or Final Fight, Sengoku and so on. Shooting games like Metal Slug are nice too :) It's a nice change to all that 3D stuff... =) And online gaming is possible, too.

if u're interested in discussion and news about emus and roms for consoles, arcade or what else, check Some Serious Emulation. A Friend of mine is going to build this forum more and more up. hf :)

You get the emus from the creators pages, I list a few good running emus:

Kawaks (best one imo)

Final Burn Alpha (a lot of cheats are brought with it)

Nebula (more graphics options, CPS and Neo Geo gfx-settings are indeependent of each other, but I'd advise you to ignore 2.0, even though it's the newest version, only heard bad things)

Mame (well none, nice emu)

Well, there are lots of pages where you can download roms... but since mame.dk was shut down, I recognized it's really not that easy to find specific roms. ;) But here you get almost everything you need for arcade gaming. Btw. the new forum of that page is hosted by my friends forum, so if you have any questions check http://www.emu-board.de.vu/. I watch its progress every day, be sure you get an answer :)

make sure you support company that make the game. but Snk games could be consider abbandonware now. Rip - SNK :cry:
btw Snk kick crapcom ass and i'm not the only one that say this.
oh and before snk is gone, they sign with 2 korean game companies, so there will be metal slug 4 and king of fighters 2002.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
I love them, the good old days of the megadrive ;) I've got a couple of megadrive emulators and lotsa roms. All greaaaaaat :D

yeah me too, good old golden axe 1.2 and 3 are best on there. i remember the days when it used to be in our chip shops, good old days. :D

do you know Sega's Street Fighter clone "Eternal Champion", released for Mega Drive/Genesis? I just loved that game hehe, but I've never found a rom of it nowadays...

terry, doesn't matter if u play Quake or what else, Quakenet is a network for all kinds of games :) I just thought it would be easier to meet in an IRC channel ;) Hm, time could be a problem hehe, there are 4/5 hours between central europe and US eastcoast, hm? well, but I'm at Q-Net pretty late aswell, so if you get your ass there in the early evening, we could fight some rounds ;)
we plan to get this channel international, till now there's only one guy from Finland, rest are Austrians/Swiss/Germans. So c'mon... :)

all you guys join #streetfighter @ irc.quakenet.eu.org :D

ftps are very rare, dunno... mame.dk was the only good source. But the rom-database still works, so u get the filenames and screenshots from there. Now you have different options.
1. use a search engine.
2. search in filesharing tools, espacially kazaa's got nice matches.
3. look for rom trade channels in IRC networks such as #roms and #gaeb in EUIRC (irc.euirc.net:6667). Nearly everyone's got an fserve there. I guess on EFNet there must be some channels aswell.

it's nice to remember my old days of quarter wasting at the arcades, thanks for the info on this locutos ;)

@parimal: emulators act like the machine you're trying to play (arcade, nintendo, gameboy...) and roms are the cartridges or games that the machine used. You can download both emulators and roms as files now.

for all you QUAKE fans, i know the WORLD QUAKE CHAMPION, lives down the road, my mum knows his mum etc. i've seen him on TV (as well as real life obviously) quite a few times, they were interviewing people who played the multiplayer fight each other thingy on the news and all of them said they couldn't even hit him once :lol: oh well, hes a rich bastard.

okay, well I need to know really what to download, hehe, cuz i downloaded one and i tried to start it and it listed all these files that werent there