Any Tabs?

Apparition of God

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2008
For any of the songs? It'd be awesome to be able to play them. Obviously I could figure it out by ear, but I am god awful at that.

Everything is written out in musical notation as opposed to tabs...but sometime soon maybe we can get them in tab format and post them. I'll check on it for you.

Everything is written out in musical notation as opposed to tabs...but sometime soon maybe we can get them in tab format and post them. I'll check on it for you.

Thanks that'd be awesome. I'd like to upload vids to youtube and stuff of covers so it'd be pretty cool.

What tuning do you guys play in? I have started figuring out 'A world with no measures' and the spastic C tuning I use on my 7 string seems to be fitting extremely well. (C F A# D# G C F).

Don't know if I will actually complete a whole tab for it though. Depends if either of the drummers I jam with are open to trying to play it.

What tuning do you guys play in? I have started figuring out 'A world with no measures' and the spastic C tuning I use on my 7 string seems to be fitting extremely well. (C F A# D# G C F).

Don't know if I will actually complete a whole tab for it though. Depends if either of the drummers I jam with are open to trying to play it.

Most of the songs on the older albums are all standard tuning, but the new album uses mostly alternate tunings.

"A World With No Measures" is in what I've learned to be called, "Dropped-C" tuning, which is C2 G2 C3 F3 A3 D4 (from low to high). I recommend 13-gauge strings for this!

I've never heard of that 7-string tuning, but it sounds like it's the same as a 7-string bass viola da gamba (A1 D2 G2 C3 E3 A3 D4), but up a minor third. Very interesting!

Well I'm now about half way into a tab for this tuning haha, so I can save you the trouble and show you how to play your song on the 7-string viola da gamba :)

I tab everything I figure out in this tuning. It is the tuning my songs are written in, so being able to play covers in this tuning saves me a lot of trouble.

Well I'm now about half way into a tab for this tuning haha, so I can save you the trouble and show you how to play your song on the 7-string viola da gamba :)

I tab everything I figure out in this tuning. It is the tuning my songs are written in, so being able to play covers in this tuning saves me a lot of trouble.

Cool, I'm interested in seeing how it comes out, especially the parts that require open strings that your tuning doesn't have, heh. You'll be getting some interesting Holdsworth style fingerings during the clean section.

haha thanks for the heads up. Funny enough that's almost exactly where I am up to. I have already had to fudge one chord - that max-dissonance chord at 2:16. I've gotten pretty handy at fudging chords to suit this peculiar tuning. Sometimes I get away with using a different inversion. Sometimes I get to do some cool stretches.

Hey guys, I have finished my guitar transcription of 'A World With No Measures'.

I have uploaded the tab file to ultimate-guitar.com and will update it through there in the future.

You can get it from here:

"Suspyre - A World With No Measures" Guitar Pro 5.2 tab by GoaT

*EDIT* You were right Gregg. There were a few chords in that clean section that were near impossible to play. The way I tabbed it works enough with a clean guitar patch that has a little chorus and delay, but as I learn and play the song over time, I will probably update the tab with some better attempts at having one note per string. I found chords for some of them, but I thought it was pointless having the big stretches in there when for the other chords - you would have to play 2 notes on one string.

Hey guys, I have finished my guitar transcription of 'A World With No Measures'.

I have uploaded the tab file to ultimate-guitar.com and will update it through there in the future.

You can get it from here:

"Suspyre - A World With No Measures" Guitar Pro 5.2 tab by GoaT

*EDIT* You were right Gregg. There were a few chords in that clean section that were near impossible to play. The way I tabbed it works enough with a clean guitar patch that has a little chorus and delay, but as I learn and play the song over time, I will probably update the tab with some better attempts at having one note per string. I found chords for some of them, but I thought it was pointless having the big stretches in there when for the other chords - you would have to play 2 notes on one string.

I think I have Guitar Pro on one of my computers, so maybe I'll check it out. Playing two notes on one string would really destroy the sound of that section; its harplike texture requires one note per string to achieve perfect fluidity, save for the pull-offs when the second guitar enters.

Once my new computer comes in and my projects start to calm down a bit, I plan to release official Suspyre sheet music, since it seems some people are interested in how to play the songs. It's amazing that people are trying to figure out everything by ear; that would be impossible for me to do, especially with all the layered parts. Keep it up though, as its interesting to see multiple interpretations!