Any thoughts on this year's ProgPower USA CD sampler so far?

Love the VOR

also heres what stands out to me

Pathfinder
Halcyon Way
Neverland
Dakrya
Hedda
Seven Kingdoms

Thank you so much for mentioning us and giving us a thumbs up, Sava Freak! I haven't heard the whole sampler yet, though I'm chomping at the bit; I'm getting my copy tonight at rehearsal. We were in the studio the weekend of PP recording a new track - new studio, new engineer (we're now working with the guy who remixed "The Gates", our song on the PP sampler) and what a difference! We are stoked. Keep an ear open for us.

Thanks again and take care.

Jamie Mac - HEDDA

I put all the tracks on my Ipod, and interestingly enough, the first track it played on random from the CD was the Relocator track.

I'm not big on instrumental prog, but it was pretty good actually, so that means people who do like that style will probably really dig it.

Awesome, thanks! :)

Quick first impressions on the sampler cd: king crow, relocator, southern cross, halcyon way, neverland, black mass rising, aeon Zen and noumeno songs all grabbed my ear without even a repeat listen. Going to take a couple of days and listen through both disks again.

Hope I'll get my own copy soon, sounds like there's some really good stuff on this sampler. :)

Based upon the CD sampler, I iTuned cds from Aeon Zen, Southern Cross, and Noumeno as well as stuff from Arcturus, Cloudscape and Black Country Communion. I'm awaiting delivery of a cd from Kingcrow. When I recover from this spree, I'm searching out Relocator and Black Mass Rising.

I thought I'd try to check out more bands on next year's lineup than I did this year. So far, I'm not loving Arcturus, but I'll give it a few more listens.