Anybody check out the new Enslaved tune yet?

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Damn forgot about these guys. Cheers Glenn. I think the intro could be perhaps a bit longer... too short to me and it just doesn't really fit. I'm digging what I'm hearing though.

Edit: adds Enslaved to rhapsody library before forgetting them again

One of my favourite bands, I do admit some of their albums fall a tad short, however this song is interesting. It leaves me wondering what the whole album will sound like.

If anyone really wants to get into Ensalved I'd suggest checking out Vikingligr Veldi, its such a classic.
Their latest, Axioma Ethica Odini, was decent as well.

Enslaved rock better than most... if people would just get over the growling parts they would listen to very exciting music. I personally like the mix of growling and clean vocals and their last album was excellent. Looking forward to the new one.

checking it out now. Loving it. Such a great band.

NPR really needs to do something about its player though. I love NPR, but I had to click like 3 screens just to get to the song. Why don't they just have a streaming video player embed?

Don't like it. If the rest of the album is like this, it'll be a dud.

Not too shabby though, they're 10 - 1 so far. 10 - 2's not exactly anything to complain about.

Enslaved rock better than most... if people would just get over the growling parts they would listen to very exciting music. I personally like the mix of growling and clean vocals and their last album was excellent. Looking forward to the new one.

I consider the vocals as one of the instruments. To me that statement is like saying "if you can get over the banjos, bluegrass music is pretty good" or something. This isn't a slam on you at all, I just tend to roll my eyes a bit when I hear statements like that. The band chose to put those vocals on because they wanted them for some reason (effect, preference, mood, feel, etc) so I don't think it was their intention for people to "get over" them. The result, however, is some people are not going to enjoy that music now, even if they might enjoy it with a different singer. Having said that, I will say that live I am usually able to ignore the vocals because there are other sensory things to enjoy.

Anyway, back on track: I thought the song was merely okay. Some of the clean vocals were pretty haunting and cool, but nothing special to my ears.

Holy smokes! This is really good.
His clean vocals really sound a lot like Paul Kuhr (Novembers Doom)

The last disc of theirs I had was ISA, which was so-so to me.

I absolutely love Below The Lights.
That's their Blackwater Park for me....

Holy smokes! This is really good.
His clean vocals really sound a lot like Paul Kuhr (Novembers Doom)

The last disc of theirs I had was ISA, which was so-so to me.

I absolutely love Below The Lights.
That's their Blackwater Park for me....

Get the last two albums Jason. They're really high quality stuff.