Anybody here seen the movie "Audition"?

Prismatic Sphere

We Carouse
Jul 18, 2002
In A Bowl Of Chili
www.lp.org
It's a Japanese film by Takashi Miike. It is really good, highly original, and very spooky. Even for those who can't stand to read subtitles, I highly recommend it.

Basically it's about a middle-aged man whose wife dies in the beginning. His only son convinces him that he should remarry. As he and his friend are producers, they stage a fake audition for a part in a film for a female lead. The guy's plan is to choose his bride from the group of actresses. The girl he is fixated on is a very young and beautiful former ballerina who is a complete mystery. Nobody knows her and none of her references are anywhere to be found. She lives alone in an apartment with no furniture. To him, she seems too good to be true.

Who this girl actually is and what she does will stay in your mind. This is probably the most unpredictable film that works that I have ever seen. That's all I'll say.

But rent it- NOW!

Prismatic Sphere said:
It's a Japanese film by Takashi Miike. It is really good, highly original, and very spooky. Even for those who can't stand to read subtitles, I highly recommend it.

Basically it's about a middle-aged man whose wife dies in the beginning. His only son convinces him that he should remarry. As he and his friend are producers, they stage a fake audition for a part in a film for a female lead. The guy's plan is to choose his bride from the group of actresses. The girl he is fixated on is a very young and beautiful former ballerina who is a complete mystery. Nobody knows her and none of her references are anywhere to be found. She lives alone in an apartment with no furniture. To him, she seems too good to be true.

Who this girl actually is and what she does will stay in your mind. This is probably the most unpredictable film that works that I have ever seen. That's all I'll say.

But rent it- NOW!

It sounds really cool man, is it similar in style to Ringu (J-horror)? If it is I'll check it out right away.

Yngvai X said:
It sounds really cool man, is it similar in style to Ringu (J-horror)? If it is I'll check it out right away.
It isn't necessarily similar in style, but it is similar in feel. It isn't quite as creepy as Ringu was; but some of it is damn eerie. And the last 30 minutes of it are just outrageously sadistic. It's a lot more unsettling than Ringu was and it'll sit with you longer.

Prismatic Sphere said:
It isn't necessarily similar in style, but it is similar in feel. It isn't quite as creepy as Ringu was; but some of it is damn eerie. And the last 30 minutes of it are just outrageously sadistic. It's a lot more unsettling than Ringu was and it'll sit with you longer.

I shall be ordering this film from amazon.com post haste.

wow sounds amazing!!!! everyone here I think should know by now of my intense interest for Japanese films so this would be wonderful to see.. whether its available in Australia or not though remains to be seen.

Prismatic Sphere said:
I'm sure there are stores that can order it for you in your city. If not, there are plenty of places to find it online. Be sure to get the Unrated Director's Cut.

I just picked it up at Boarders...gonna watch it right now actually...I'll tell you what I think afterwards :)

Prismatic Sphere said:
Nice.

And don't let the seemingly meek first half fool you.

Whoa now...that movie was FUCKED. granted I had been drinking when I got around to watching the 2nd half so my senses were a bit numb...tho Im sort of glad they were by that point what with some of the stuff going on...particularly (not going into detail for someone who hasnt seen it) "the sack" and "the wire"....yeeeeesh...

Yngvai X said:
Whoa now...that movie was FUCKED. granted I had been drinking when I got around to watching the 2nd half so my senses were a bit numb...tho Im sort of glad they were by that point what with some of the stuff going on...particularly (not going into detail for someone who hasnt seen it) "the sack" and "the wire"....yeeeeesh...

Puts on a whole new spin on acupuncture doesn't it???:Spin:

"Kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty...":devil:

ok I'm not reading ANY MORE of this thread lol! I dont want any given away until the time comes I get to watch it. if its gory or somethin tho, it might have been banned in Australia (we get alot of good shit banned here coz the censors think adults cant decide for themselves what they want to watch) but i better look it up if i can get it somewhere first.