Anybody using Adobe Audition for mastering?

tgs

Elder
I've been looking at this program a bit since I've seen that many people use it for mastering. I have checked the manual and help files but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for so I thought I'd pop a question here about it.

I used to use CD Architect all the time, and it's still what I fall back to over and over when other programs I try don't do it for me. The main problem though is that you can't use VST effects in it, so I have to rely only on DirectX.

I also started using WaveLab a while ago, and I prefer how it handles some things graphically and I also like that you have access to more than 2 tracks, which is the limit in CDA. But it has some other quirks that I could live without.

So I'm wondering: In Audition, can I define tracks and such directly in the multitrack view, like in WaveLab, or am I restricted to the (one-track) edit view? Can I define effects and burn cd's from a temporary file or in real-time, like in CDA and WL, without applying the effects first?

From what I've gathered, Audition seems a bit messy to use for mastering, with the different modes instead of having it all in one place so to speak, but I'm wondering if I might have missed something!

sony vegas is really good for mastering.
and the only reason i keep a p.c hanging around/ and parralels

How about Sound Forge 9? That can handle VST and has multichannel file editing and processing.

EDIT - Misread a bit what was searched, so maybe multichannel editing is not needed.