anybody knows these bands?

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
I´m such a newcomer to this kind of music
any recommendations?´much appreciated...

the list=

Araraxia
blazing eternety
black messiah
bergthron
eternal tears of sorrow
Siebenbürgen
Dargaard
Falkenbach
Dismal euphony
Evol
Drawn
In extremo
Hagalaz runedance
Mithotyn
Mörk gryning
Merkazabul
Moonsorrow
Matutina noctem
Lord wind
paragon of beauty
Odroerir
Stille Volk
Skyclad
Thyrfing
Tenhi
Vordven

also... are there any good bands from South Europe?

in extremo: german "mittelalter"(middle-ages) band with bagpipes, harpes and stuf! pretty good, even though i didn't like their last album "sünder ohne zügel" that much!
Hagalaz runedance: one (wo)man project, nordic folk with lyrics about nordic mythology! very asatrú!:D (by the way, is it true, that asatrú is recognized as an official religion in iceland?)
Moonsorrow: finnish heathen metal band with the keyboarder from finntroll, great musicans!
Stille Volk:french folk band, unbelievable good, a must!
tenhi:finnish folk band. very dark and atmospheric! simply genius!
i know most of the other bands from their name and a few songs, but i do not listen to them!

Originally posted by Djöfull
I´m such a newcomer to this kind of music
any recommendations?´much appreciated...

the list=

Araraxia
blazing eternety
black messiah
bergthron
eternal tears of sorrow
Siebenbürgen
Dargaard
Falkenbach
Dismal euphony
Evol
Drawn
In extremo
Hagalaz runedance
Mithotyn
Mörk gryning
Merkazabul
Moonsorrow
Matutina noctem
Lord wind
paragon of beauty
Odroerir
Stille Volk
Skyclad
Thyrfing
Tenhi
Vordven

also... are there any good bands from South Europe?

definitely try out Eternal Tears of Sorrow!!:)
my fav album is Chaotic Beauty, but I havn't the new album yet (A Virgin and A Whore). Former albums: Sinner's Serenade and Vilda Mannu where they play Death Metal; Chaotic Beauty is more melodic with lots of keyboards but still the guitar play is very strong; I like the crass vocals a damn lot ;)

Mithotyn is very viking-like. and if you like them, you will also love Suidakra!

Skyclad are funny!:) they have very social-critical lyrics but somehow they play with such joy that I was confused at first.

Tenhi are very good - in case you want to wallow in lonelyness and atmospheric depression :lol: their music is really quiet and calm but still I like to listen to them.

THe other bands I mostly do know only from one or two songs, so I cannot really tell.
but check out www.prophecyproductions.de and www.ccprecords.com and www.napalmrecords.com for sound samples!

Thyrfing is a viking metal band. There are influences of black and death metal with folkloric melodies.
I like them. I have two albums of them: Thyrfing and Urkraft. Maybe black-spirit can tell more because she likes them very much, I think.

Siebenburgen: melodic black metal with folkloric female vocals.

Fleischwolf: I can't find something of Stille Volk. Do you know album titles and were you can buy that albums?

Falkenbach - one man band, viking metal, similar to Bathory. icelandic, i think.
Mörk Gryning - the first album 'Tusen år har gått' is sort of melodic/symphonic black metal, after that they turned into raw & grim black metal :heh:
Dargaard - neo-classical with a female vocalist

as many of the people here, i love Tenhi :)

I´ve just read something about those bands in the description in the Napalm catalogue

I´m definately gonna check out Moonsorrow, Tenhi, eternal tears of sorrow... and some more of those bands

ásatrú is recognized as an official religion but there aren´t that many registered members of that community

probably 1-2% of the total population

Falkenbach is not icelandic...

Originally posted by YMIR
Thyrfing is a viking metal band. There are influences of black and death metal with folkloric melodies.
I like them. I have two albums of them: Thyrfing and Urkraft. Maybe black-spirit can tell more because she likes them very much, I think.

Hehehe.... I love this band. Just can't get enough.
It's sick! >:eek:P But! everything YMIR said, times ten! >:eek:)
If you haven't heard them yet, check out their song called
"Home Again". And "Urkraft" is my fav Thyrfing album....

I hope you have heard Otyg.... right? >:eek:)

Mithotyn is also great vikingmetal. "Gathered Around The
OakenTable" is the album that I listen to the most by them...

If you're into more gothlike bands as well, you should
check out Haggard!
They are absolutley unique in their style, I think...

Oh, and then you have Rakoth!!! Their first album
"Planeshift" is brilliant! And don't get put off my the
drum-machine, because the music in itself is absolutley
amazing! Yummeee :eek:)

Well, that didn't give you much information on he bands
you wanted to hear about, I just made your list longer >:eek:P
Sorry! hehe....

Yeah, you must check out Haggard!!!!
This german band has 20 members I think. They play cello, flute, violin etc. The music is medieval-, classical- and folk music with metal.

Well...

*Dismal Euphony - Great band! Especially "Autumn leaves, the rebellion of tides" Buy everyone!

*Mithotyn - Ok band, ordinary viking metal, few great songs on King Of The Distant Forest...

*Mörk gryning - Crazy Black Metal... No wonder Astarte likes them..:D

*Skyclad - Great lyrics, few good songs, depends on which mood I am in...

*Thyrfing - Great band! Nothing more to add there... Blackspirit made it clear...:D

-phyros (back from the exile)