anybody knows these bands?

Originally posted by Soulburner
Mithotyn - GODS of Viking metal!!! If you like them check out Falconer - almost the same music with clean vocals. Falconer is new project of 2 guys from Mythotyn...

@Blackspirit: about Rakoth... their second one "Jabberworks" is even better, IMO...

Hmmm... You think? I dunno, there's just something
about it that isn't quite right. I think it's the use of
brassinstruments on it. Or maybe the songs didn't
hit me as hard this time. Anyways, I know I haven't
listened enough to this last one yet, so I am not
finished judging it! :eek:) Rakoth are still excellent!

Falconer; WILL CHECK OUT! :eek:) I hope the vocals
aren't cheeeesy though >:eek:P But thanks for the tip!

Hey, this thread is grrreat! :eek:)

Yes Thyrfing is great, hey blackspirit? I love home again but dont you think it was unneccsary to redo the whole intro in the middle of the song? That kinda made me mad, although I love the outro (and the song in general)

Suidakra :headbang: :headbang:

Eternal Tears of Sorrow: I think they overdo keyboards, either that or they dont do it as good as CoB. But their good in general, I didnt like their EoS cover tho, Black Tears. Keyboards sound crappy in it. I do like a few songs on Chaotic Beauty tho.

Check out Backstreet Boys as well as N Sync, maybe some Eminem! All good viking metal bands...............:) :)

eternal tears of sorrow are a cool band really!!!! not a bodom clone IMHO....

shame Mythotyn split :((( but hey Falconer is really a great band to check out, nothing to do with mythotyn though....it's some kind of power music with not yelling vox....not operatic though, even the guy singing is, as stated above, and opera singer (an actor)

falkenbach is cool but strange (didn't know was a one man project though)

haggard Oh!!! my lovely haggard, every time I think I didn't attend their gig at wacken '98 I would like to jump off the roof!!!!!

From southern Europe??? well there are some great bands here for sure....(won't list heavy_powermetalish ones since are not in the vein of the ones that been posted here)
Lacuna Coil and Novembre are great from Italy and from Spain you can find Soziedad Alkoholika, In Thousand Lakes, Midnight Sun, Symawrath, and definately two too check out, NAHEMAH and ASGAROTH. The last two are really great bands IMHO. Also we have Mago de Oz with great celtic influences and Spanish lyrics and one of the most original bands we have had Heroes del Silencio which split back in 96 but still are one of the best Spanish bands ever existed!!!! (not metal though)

never said they were a bodom clone, just stating they dont use keyboards as well as CoB does..........their alright but I dont like the keyboards..........

...Midnight Sun, Symawrath, and definately two too check out, ......
MIDNIGHT SUN again.... :eek: it's the third band I hear now with the same name:
1. Midnight Sun from Sweden (Heavy Metal, Power Metal) (sampler song: Nemesis)
2.Midnight Sun from Finland: very melodic dark or death or whatever metal :D :hotjump: (song "Helvetissä" on a label compilation: under the banner of darkness)
3.Father Vic's Midnight Sun from a southern Europe country.

btw: talking bout bands with same name:
I know what SILENCER from Sweden play (and it hurts my brain and ears :lol: ) but I've heard now that there must be some American band too, called SILENCER. can anyone help? :)

Originally posted by opacity

MIDNIGHT SUN again.... :eek: it's the third band I hear now with the same name:
1. Midnight Sun from Sweden (Heavy Metal, Power Metal) (sampler song: Nemesis)
2.Midnight Sun from Finland: very melodic dark or death or whatever metal :D :hotjump: (song "Helvetissä" on a label compilation: under the banner of darkness)
3.Father Vic's Midnight Sun from a southern Europe country.

btw: talking bout bands with same name:
I know what SILENCER from Sweden play (and it hurts my brain and ears :lol: ) but I've heard now that there must be some American band too, called SILENCER. can anyone help? :)

Yes there is, their new guitarist is also with Angel Dust and the drummer of Silencer played a show with Angel Dust at the last ProgPowerFestival USA. You might check the Angel Dust forum at UM here :D

@FV HA! What else could be expected from you! Your always making me cry :cry:

Id like to hear some of the Midnight Sun that plays melodic dark/death metal..........any links?

the one I talked about is one from Spain (checking in the map) and yes, it's southern Europe....
they just have released an album though!

@f_v but you know I still take care of your homeless braincells :)

@soulburner thanks for link, ill check it out.

@FV How my braincells wandered over to Italy ( ;) ) I will never know, but send em back when you get the chance..........

I heard the guy from Falkenbach is Icelandic by way of Germany (in that he lives there). Cool stuff, and I heard rumors of another album coming our way...as DeNiro says "I heard things!"

good old times... no one from back then seems to be around, I don't even have that account anymore. I feel old, hehe...